Saturday 3 August 2019

Post No. 1,384 - Permanent Pause to Gnwmythr's News

I've considered the matter of Gnwmythr's News further, and, in light of my declining health, I will put that on permanent pause, and will review that pause if I ever get to retire (the neoliberals are making it harder to get there).

I've been doing the Gnwmythr's News for more than 5 years now, and it has been rewarding to highlight what is going on in places many Westerners don't consider, and to do things like change my headline (with link) on a matter away from, say," Senior Official X has made a decision", to" decision Y will harm women's rights".

Sadly, I'm too small to even think of influencing the journalistic profession to start writing from the point of view of ethics and human rights, but . . . c'est la vie.

This will leave me with more time (typically, this took at least an hour a day, plus most of Saturday) and energy to look after my health, and to do the studying and writing I want to do. I will also continue doing the Psychic Weather Reports, but in a cut back form until I get over the current health problems.

I had thought of trying something like Patreon to keep this going, but the only way that would make a difference is if I was able to quit my day job, and that is an unreasonable wish.

For those who are interested, the links on my list (which I didn't check every week - some of these are back up links for weeks when a place or topic hasn't been covered b y the mainstream media)) are (these are not all from the progressive side: I want to know what the conservatives are thinking):

And hopefully, someone else will take this on.