Sunday 8 June 2014

Post No. 560 - For tonight and the coming week

Well, in the week where the 70th anniversary of D-Day was marked, I've been doing some thinking, drawing on that historical event - an event which was terrible, but necessary given what had been created by the First World War and the character flaws of so many people, most notably so many (not all) Germans, but also others. There are lessons to learn from those events, largely so we do not allow such mistakes to happen again so that such actions may again become necessary (and, since none of the analyses I've seen directly address the basic human character flaws that led to these events from the later 1800s, I'm a little concerned; the modern human rights movement touches on some of the flaws, but still misses some pretty fundamental ones  but that is a topic for another post), but I also think there are examples of preparation, thinking and being organised that can be drawn upon.

As an example, anyone doing what I consider to be serious, heavy psychic work such as rescuing uncooperatives (see here - and have a look here, while you're at it) needs to be personally prepared and organised. As another example, what if we consider ... the coming week at work?

Most people in Western societies  tend, in my experience, to exist from weekend to weekend, with work being an unpleasant chore that is necessary for survival in between weekends. In some cases, work can be extremely unpleasant and stressful. So ... what if took the coming week as a small, personal D-Day?

Of course, if the coming week is bad enough to drive someone to suicide, it's not small - I saw a clip from the movie "Ike: Countdown to D-Day", where the portrayed Eisenhower responded to a comment that casualties had been 20% rather than the expected 70%, that if the casualty was you, or someone who loved you, it was 100%.

Leaving that aside for the moment (seek help, please, if that is a real risk for you),the sort of preparation I'm thinking of for the coming week is psychic, not the if-I-get-sloshed-enough-the-coming-week-will-be-manageable sort of denialist rubbish (which is why I consider many people to be addicted to weekends). Basically, you will need things like:
  • adequate protection; 
  • enough energy; 
  • reserves / help.
Let's look at protection.

Many people use prayers for protection or the equivalent, but is what you're doing enough? In my case, it wasn't, so for adequate psychic protection of the office environment I work in, I've been bumping the protection up gradually and now find what works for me is:
  • swapping (at irregular intervals) between a copper pendant I made with protective symbols on it and a copper bracelet I bought; 
  • a pouch of personal protection items that I keep in my pocket (I have, of course, to make sure that my office slacks have pockets); and
  • some of the business card protection sheets I posted about here - except I didn't roll them up, I sticky taped them to places that were out of view during my late night work periods.

That is, of course, a bit of a simplification to this topic. I also have to consider protection while commuting, and in meeting rooms, etc, but that gives you the idea, I think - which is, think about where, what type and how much protection you need, including sober assessment of whether or not it is working.

Next, the energy we need to get through the week.

When I was younger, the energy I expended on the weekend (sailing, apart from my first year of Uni, when I tried it and found I didn't like it, I've never really been a get sloshed type of gal) didn't matter. As I've got older and more ill, it has - and this has been compounded by me moving into the inner suburbs a few years ago (see here) - become more of an issue. Contact with Nature helps enormously for me, but the best contact with Nature I can have is becoming one with the dynamic aspects of it by sailing, and I no longer have a boat (nor the wherewithal to get one, at the moment - and my experiences of discrimination make me reluctant to go crew for someone else). I can drive out of the city (there are no decent parks nearby, nothing like at Langwarrin), but that depletes my energy levels more than I get a boost unless I stay for a weekend - which we cannot afford at the moment. So ... in a nutshell, this is an issue I'm still working on.

I find the alternate nostril breathing helps enormously, but I need to do about 22 such breaths per day, and if I'm preparing for a coming - four day, in my case - week, that means I have to find the time somewhere to do 88 such breaths, which is around two hours - on top of my routine breathing exercises ... (physical exercise also helps my energy levels, by the way, but not just walking: it has to be a slow jog to be of any benefit for me - and yoga has never done anything for me). Other things which help here are playing music (in headphones - most engineers I work with prefer quiet, and everyone has different music tastes), but that can prevent me hearing technical conversations I should be part of, so there is a limit to how much I can use that. (The excessively high temperature in the office doesn't help either - and contributes, in my opinion, to my health problems.) The company has also made it clear there will be no meditation room (we don't even have a proper sick room, but few companies do, these days).

Still, I've acknowledged the problem - some time ago, and am working at finding a solution that works for me.

Now, reserves - which basically means having back-up, things like friends, allies, supporters. I did some magickal work on this a few months ago, and I consider that worked in that an old friend came back to work for a while, and a problem person is becoming somewhere between neutral and slightly supportive, but this is a situation I will continue to work on.

As a final comment on this example, many cities and offices are strongly negative places, and it can seem like invading some place under the control of an evil regime to go there. Ultimately, the solution is for the clear majority of people in such places to be energetically BPLF [1], but that is going to take some time and effort, and quite a few changes of basic matters in our societies ... just keep it in mind and try not to hate the people who are dumping rubbish on you too much.

As another example of the application of these principles, consider the Sunday evening peace meditations.

I've outlined protection (e.g., here), preparation entails thinking about what is to be done (and doing posts like this is for my benefit as much as anyone else's) and arranging the time to be available and to have reasonable energy levels at that time - and clearing links helps with that as well. The reserves and help come from those in Spirit who help, and those other people who do this work directly, or perhaps indirectly (e.g., when they are sleeping - some people are more advanced and active during their sleep state than their waking state).

So the principles can be applied directly for peace as well ...

Of course, in raising this possible learning from a situation of inherent violence, I will unsettle those who are afraid of such violence - not those who are genuinely and in a mature way against violence, rather, those who are afraid of violence. My experience of such people is that they either have unresolved issues in their background or fear matters that they do not know how to control (and such may well do things like miss the emotional violence in dramas because that is something they feel they could control or significantly influence), or think that any contact or use of something that has any connection to something that is tainted by anything that is negative is somehow undesirable. Well, they have a point - up to a point :) I've written about things like the negative energy on gifts, for example, but in this case, they're missing the point: things like being prepared and organised exist independently of war. If the world became an ideal place tomorrow, we would still need to do things like be prepared and organised when it is needed - and it would be needed a fair amount of the time. To think otherwise is, in my view, naive. If the world was an ideal place, we would have good examples - perhaps ... how poverty was eradicated, but - as another wizard (I think) says to Harry Dresden in one of the Dresden Files books - "There is the world that should be, and there is the world we live in" (or words to that effect)

And that is a topic for a whole range of posts, so I'll leave it at that - and any such posts will be long after I finish dealing with current family issues (my father is ill), and they're likely to take some time to resolve ...



[1] BPLF = Balanced Positive (spiritual) Light Forces. See here and here for more on this.

[2] Please see here and my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia. I'm also exploring use of h2g2, although that doesn't appear to be as extensive (h2g2 is intended - rather engagingly - to be the Earth edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy").

Love, light, hugs and blessings


Gnwmythr, Wéofodthegn 
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux? … Morinehtar? … Would-be drýicgan ... )

My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here.

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me at 9 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible. 

I am a Walker upon the Path of Balanced Positivity, seeking Spiritual Maturity.
  • One size does NOT fit all.
  • Don't be mediocre - seek to excel.
  • Gnwmythr's Stropping Strap: Occam's Razor only works if  the simplest solution is actually recognised as being the simplest, rather than the one that best fits one's bigotries being labelled 'simplest'.
  • Our entire life experience, with all the many wondrous and varied people, places and events in it, is too small a sample for statistical reliability about Life.
  • May the world of commerce and business be recognised to be a servant, not a master, of the lives of people.
  • Ban the dream interpretation industry!
  • A home is for living in, not feeling, becoming or being rich or a “better” class than others.
  • Being accustomed to interacting via certain rules makes those rules neither right nor universal.
  • Like fire to the physical, emotions to the soul make a good servant, and a bad master.
  • Expertise at intimacy and emotional happiness is generally not the same thing as spiritual growth.
  • Any person, male or female, who has neither a serious health issue, dependents nor an agreement about study. yet expects their partner to work to support them, is, spiritually speaking, little more than a parasite.
  • The means shape the end.
  • BPLF restraint of uncooperatives is NOT an opportunity for revenge or getting even - even unconsciously.
  • As words can kill, the right to freedom of speech comes with a DUTY to be as well-informed, objective and balanced as you can be.
  • My favourite action movie of all time is "Gandhi", although I've recently come across "Invictus" and might put that one in to that category. However, I loathe the stereotypical action movie - and, for similar reasons, I loathe many dramas, which are often emotionally violent, more so in some cases than many war films.
  • All of the above - and this blog - could be wrong, or subject to context, perspective, or state of spiritual evolution ...
Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger [people].
John F. Kennedy (who was quoting 19th Century Episcopal Bishop Phillips Brooks)

Jesus loves you. Odin wants you to grow up.
(Facebook meme, according to John  Beckett)

We make our decisions. And then our decisions turn around and make us.
F.W. Boreham

Females, get over 'cute'. Get competent. Get trained. Get capable. Get over 'cute'. And those of you who are called Patty and Debby and Suzy, get over that. Because we use those names to infantalise females – we keep females in their 'little girl' state by the names we use for them. Get over it. If you want to be taken seriously, get serious.
Jane Elliott

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good [people] to do nothing.
(based on writing by) Edmund Burke

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
Albert Einstein

We didn't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we only borrowed it from our children
Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar; it is not haphazard and superficial. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Too much and too long, we seem to have surrendered community excellence and community values in the mere accumulation of material things. Our gross national product ... if we should judge America by that -- counts air pollution and cigarette advertising, and ambulances to clear our highways of carnage. ... Yet the gross national product does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education, or the joy of their play. It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages; the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither our wit nor our courage; neither our wisdom nor our learning; neither our compassion nor our devotion to our country; it measures everything, in short, except that which makes life worthwhile."
Robert F. Kennedy 1968

There are risks and costs to a program of action. But they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.
John F. Kennedy

If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do. (Often degraded to “Be the change you want to see in the world” – see here)
Gandhi


Tags: attitudes, history, meditation, peace, society, violence, war,
First published: Sunnudagr, 8th June, 2014
Last edited (excluding fixing typo's and other minor matters): Sunday, 8th June, 2014