Tuesday 12 July 2016

Post No. 901 - Promoting peace in the military

An incident written about in the book "Heartlight", by the now notorious child abuser Marion Zimmer Bradley, is the time people surrounded the Pentagon and tried to change the mindset of those in it by projecting love / an exorcism - see here for example. Obviously enough, this didn't work: why?

Well, my take on that is:
  1. there was a profound lack of basic psychic skills in those attempting the change; 
  2. the strength of those in, and those supporting those in, the Pentagon (which, I have to say, probably included most people in the US population)
  3. a profound lack of understanding of the motivation of those in the Pentagon - naivety/simplistic views was an extreme problem in those days. Still is.
It is that last point I wish to consider first.

To begin with, the view that people join the military to kill is rubbish - in most cases. In fact, one of the problems the army has is getting soldiers to kill the enemy - I think something like less than 25% of infantrymen in the US Army fired their rifles with intent to kill during the Second World War, and most killing by British units in the Falklands / Malvinos war was done by around 2% of the men.

Many people I know joined the military during a time of prolonged peace to learn a trade - something politicians should keep in mind when cutting back apprenticeships.

Others do so because they genuinely want to protect the community - in a way that they understand. Now, you might want to argue about whether that protection is desirable or not, but the fact is that THAT is how those people think! If you want to change them you don't send antagonistic thoughts of "that is rubbish", you raise their awareness and understanding of what protection is, and how it is best acheived.

The First Earth Battalion (which now seems to have been renamed as the New Earth Army, after the film used the latter term), which I came across through the film "The Men Who Stare at Goats" (I want to read the book one day!)  shows how to go about this in ways that are more likely to be accessible to those in the military (e.g., presenting the idea of defence in terms of warrior monks and samurai [used as an acronym]) than surrounding them with a large protest (exemplifying the sort of matter they considered society needed protection against) and telling them their efforts to protect are wrong.

Clearing nonBPM influences so that people can make a free choice is always good, as is radiating genuinely BPM energies (incidentally, as a pre-school kid, I saw an anti-Vietnam War protest, and all I can remember is what seemed to be absolute hate and rage: there was, I suspect, a problem with group think in some aspects of how those protests were organised- my impression is that that has been well and truly overcome now - see here, for instance), but those require psychic skill and self discipline, not gestures.

Now, in terms of transforming the military - and it does need change, I consider the best thing that one can do - inc addition to skillful clearing of nonBPM influences - is advocate for less discrimination / more inclusivity in the military. Problems like group think thrive in monocultural environments, particularly anything that is like an old fashioned "boys'/men's club".

In terms of participation in and conduct of wars, clear nonBPM influences from politicians and advocate through conventional means there.

Love, light, hugs and blessings
I am revamping my former website, and getting at least one other underway (pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux … aka Morinehtar … would-be drýicgan or maga ... )
My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here. The reasons for my caution when using Wikipedia are here.

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me for a few minutes at some time between 8 and 11 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate-clear for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible. 
May the best in me, my Higher Self,
and those of the Clear Light who assist me,
help me to keep myself grounded, centred and shielded,
to be Balanced and a Fulcrum of Balance,
a centre of Balanced Positivity and Spiritual Maturity,
with my aura continuously cleansed, cleared and closed,
repelling all negative or unwanted energies,
whilst allowing positive, balancing and healing energies in and through.
The real dividing line is not between Christianity and Islam, Sunni and Shia, East and West. It is between people who believe in coexistence, and those who don’t.
Tom Fletcher, Former UK Ambassador to Lebanon
  • All of the above - and this blog - could be wrong, or subject to context, perspective, or state of spiritual evolution ...
Tags: change, discrimination, military, nonviolence, peace, society, violence, war,
First published: Tysdagr, 12th July, 2016
Last edited (excluding fixing typo's and other minor matters): Tuesday, 12th July, 2016