Saturday 21 November 2020

Post No. 1,705 - Posts from my Other Blogs

This week I have made the following posts on my other blogs:

Political Musings of Kayleen:

  • Incompetent (non)reactions
    I've just started reading a science fiction novel, and set it aside out of frustration. Then I started on the autobiography of a woman in our diplomatic service, and similarly set it aside out of frustration.
    My frustration with the former is the passive non-action when . . .
  • Some brief thoughts on change, protests and repression  
     . . . typically a despot or authoritarian person who is s*** scared of difference or anything which even hints of disorder, let alone chaos, does something repressive (say, arrests an opposition figure, or sets police onto peaceful protestors, or weakens or denies democracy in some way), possibly does that for many years, and those being repressed, being human, may snap and react out of anger, hate, or fear.
     . . .
My online candles blog:

My (near) daily candles for:     (1) peace, freedom, democracy, human rights, justice, social equity, and good governance,     (2) those killed, harmed or affected by violent extremist attacks, atrocities or violence, and managing the risk of same,     (3) those - human and animal - killed, harmed or affected by disasters including the climate crisis and the COVID-10 pandemic,     and     (4) those killed, harmed or affected by bushfires,     are at: