Saturday 3 April 2021

Post No. 1,815 - Interesting Reading/Viewing and Posts from my Other Blogs / YouTube Channel

A continuing question and other matters:

Hey @TheElders and @AfricanUnion, given the widespread suffering, are you going to do anything for Uganda this year?   @amnesty   #SaveUganda   #StandwithUganda   

Save Salla 2032 https://youtu.be/sSZSrjmmSIo   #savesalla   #Salla2032   

NoBeijing22   

 

This week I have made the following posts on my other blogs:

Political Musings of Kayleen:

  • Learning from the past: the Roosevelts
    As I recently mentioned, I've been watching the  the Ken Burns  documentary from a few years ago on the Roosevelts.
    I still have a few episodes to go, but I have been surprised by some of the prescient comments of Theodore Roosevelt - although I still see him as a blood-soaked, militaristic, imperialist and sexist patriarchalist. The comments include that Japan would seek a further war (it takes one to know one?), and that the Republican party would wind up serving "special interests". The extent of his progressivism in his unsuccessful 1912 campaign is also impressive, as is his early (pre-World War One) support for the League to Enforce Peace.
    Now for the next episode . . .
  • OHS and psychological abuse
    Psychological abuse is the next big area of workplace OHS.
    Some managers are looking at this already, which is excellent, but a lot of OHS workers and unions, in my experience, are so physically oriented that they are utterly clueless on this aspect
     . . .
If I make any YouTube posts, I will embed them below:


 

Interesting reading / viewing / sites this week:

 

My online candles blog: