Tuesday 13 April 2021

Post No. 1,828 - Beams of light

One of the biggest frustrations I have in trying to do light work (aka lightwork, light warrior, warrior of light, spiritual warrior, etc) on this planet is the self-imposed limitations that many people seem to glory in. 

It all reminds me of someone I knew decades ago who seemed to think conspiracy fantasies were harmless eccentricities, and they amathiacly looked around for one they could wear as a badge of distinction. 

Life is a principle that exists beyond this planet. Sentience is not limited to the human form. And goodwill or compassion or agape or whatever you want to call it, is universal. 

Recently, when reading David  Michie's "The Secret Mantra", I was surprised to read of beams of light being sent to all sentient beings for their aid. I don't know how, but I had picked up an impression early in this life (perhaps from this controversial author) that such was not a part of Buddhism. I've researched that a little further now, and have found "Bhaisajyaguru" via Wikipedia (there are other links on that topic as well [do an Internet search - personally I favour DuckDuckGo or Ecosia] - and the article on "Divine Light" was interesting for the similarities between traditions)

I thought: great, this looks like something I can get wholeheartedly behind, but then I read the 12 vows and found that the expression of this principle is sexist (vow 8) and ableist (vow 6).

I have found similar flaws in most of the forms of expression of the world's major religious - flaws which show that they have been limited by the biases of those who originated - or modified - those traditions, flaws I have also seen in many channellings (including "Briefing for the Landing on Planet Earth"), flaws I have seen in aspects of Paganism and witchcraft (especially rules about things like runes, many of which are either manifestations of bigotry or reflections of the limitations [inadequacies] of those promulgating the "rules" - e.g., the "combine no more than three" is utter BS, as is the "rule" about right hand to project and left to receive)

Pleasestop  limiting  yourself  with  needless  rules. If rules are needed (e.g., to use protection, albeit with an acknowledgement that what is often needed is protection against what is disharmonious, it is NOT all always about "evil"!), so be it, but be aware that you could be either:

(a) reflecting your biases or the biases of your time (which is why old - not mature - religions are struggling and increasingly irrelevant and meaningless); or
(b) manifesting something you wrongly think of as quirky or eccentric and thus amathiacally think of as engaging or cute (making you part of the [perpetuation of] the problem).

I repeat: 

  • life is a principle that exists beyond this planet; 
  • sentience is not limited to the human form; and 
  • goodwill or compassion or agape or whatever you want to call it, is universal.

This doesn't greatly affect how I choose to work (and I still identify as Pagan), but it does make finding a community - both online and in the physical - without those arbitrary limitations harder. 

It also makes bringing new ways of working - such as Psychic Weather reports and associated self-less workings - into the world harder. 

And now I am going to generate and project some beams of BPM energy . . . 

PS - I find a greater sense of community with my aims in the human rights field than the "spiritual". 
PPS - I have just come across a promising spiritual community through a Ning group ☺. . . which now seems to have disappeared, possibly because of a temporary problem, or the commercial footing it has. If that has disappeared, that will be the third time a network organised on Ning has ended.