Sunday 21 November 2021

Post No. 2,091 - commentary on online stuff

Well, my search for an online community had led me to a group with a reasonably good meditation . . . but I've now found that key members are strongly anti-vaxx / anti-lockdown people, and I cannot, in good conscience, continue to be part of the group.

I consider the views that people should be espousing on the pandemic should be along the lines of https://landasnglahi.com/2021/11/12/a-question-about-covid-19-vaccination/

Thus, I have quietly left the group. Should I have tried to talk them about their views? My sense was they were not open to that possibility, and I have enough on my plate as it is (especially with a neighbour who is poor at managing his dogs), so I just quietly left. 

There is a role for spiritual (including meditation) groups in world matters - in fact, particularly given my thoughts here, I would say it is essential . . . but if you are not being responsible, inclusive, and progressive (for an example of what is good, see here and my post here), you are NOT being spiritual. 

I think I will give the search for an online community a rest . . . 

However, there is still good or at least reasonable material online, such as this meditation, which I consider good on selflessness, use of the natural world, and shadow work, BUT it excludes people who cannot stand upright, and drifts into the binary polarity error. 

On physical characteristics, I knew someone decades ago who considered the complementary colour for purple was yellow, and for blue was orange, whereas everything I come across suggest the pairings are purple-orange and blue-yellow. Now that person was blue-purple colour blind, so the superficial thing would be to say physical eyesight affects or parallels psychic (mis)perception (yes, I know that is ridiculous, but bear with me for a moment), but other people also share that view who are not blue-purple colour blind, so it is clearly a wrong conclusion. 

The assumption that physical position MUST be such as to align with desired non-physical flows is a simplification. When I am teaching people, I will, for instance, get them to practice casting a circle with their back facing outwards, rather than their front.

Furthermore, to say someone with a physical disability cannot evolve spiritually or work with energy is not only an error, it is discriminatory.