Wednesday 30 November 2022

Post No. 2,319 - Classification of psychic abilities / ESP

Most classifications of psychic abilities / ESP are based on the method - clairvoyance, clairgustance, telepathy, etc. 

I consider it possibly more useful to classify psychic abilities / ESP on the basis of what you find in tune with your uses of those abilities. As an example, someone close to me is in tune with peoples emotional wellbeing, and uses a range of techniques to be aware of those states of being and what needs to be done. Im more in tune with earth energies, and thus find it easier to assess the overall state of a place, including the human and other people / lifeforms there. Seers - those known for predicting the future - often use a range of techniques. 

I consider that, if we focus on the use / intended use, we are more likely to teach more effectively - and to be able to better guide effectively on ethical issues. 

This is a little like the difference between saying someone has a medical qualification (or advocating for them to get a medical qualification) and saying someone has, or should become, a first aid provider / surgeon (and there are categories within that) / GP / medical policy advisor.

My profile says I am an energy (sensing) psychic: I can probably better describe that as I am predominantly an energy of place psychic.


Possible flaws 

Where I can, I will try to highlight possible flaws / issues you should consider: 

  • there may be flawed logical arguments in the above: to find out more about such flaws and thinking generally, I recommend Brendan  Myers’ free online course “Clear and Present Thinking” 
  • I could be wrong - so keep your thinking caps on, and make up your own minds for yourself.

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below.
I am on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/Gnwmythr.

Finally, remember: we need to be more human being rather than human doing.