Friday 3 March 2023

Post No. 2,383 - Some posts have been placed behind sensitivity warnings

PS - I've now found out that the sensitivity warning means people have to log in to prove they are over a minimum age, so there are concerns about the age appropriateness of parts of those posts. I will still leave the originals as they are, but I may rewrite the post on Forgiveness as I consider the naïveté that people have on the topic seriously undermines making the world a better place - the choice is not forgive-and-heal-self vs don't-forgive-and-don't-heal-oneself: the choices are: (1) forgive the wrongdoer (a) with or (b) without healing oneself (some "forgiveness" is driven by social groups, and thus is not genuine), (2) (a) heal or (b) don't heal the wrongdoer (which often has nothing to do with the victim - that is arrogance to think it does), and (3) (a) choose to change the world so that won't happen again or (b) not. COWARDS take the easy way out and pretend that the world can't be changed (which is a lie - it can!) or that it is too much work - which is an excuse that also shows arrogance as it places oneself at the centre of existence: we share reality with billions of others (probably trillions, if one counts all forms of sentience [including trees]), and collaboration is required on MANY things. 

PPS - here are a few of my posts which show how I have learned over the years I have been blogging: 

Ive received a notice from Blogger that three of my posts have been put behind warning notices - specifically: 

  • Post No. 230 - Forgiveness, published 13th February 2011, which has received 3 views in the last 24 hours compared to 77 since it was published.
    This mentions violent crimes, so I consider the sensitivity notice is warranted.
  • Post No. 740 - Can One Person Make a Difference?, published 11th August, 2015, which I cannot find any recent view stats on.
    This also discusses deaths in war and actions against ... those who do wrong. There may have been some confusion over how different the brother of a person I mentioned was to the person, but that would have been picked up by the reviewers and nothing done.
  • Post No. 1,227 – Gnwmythr’s News Ed. No. 236, published 28th October, 2018, which has had 2 views recently out of 113 since it was originally published.
    This discusses news events, and I now begin my news posts with content warnings - and I am probably better at presenting the content now than I was back then.

I am not clear which sections Blogger wants me to change, and I'm not sure that I actually want to change anything - I certainly won't start changing things randomly in the hope I'll fix the problem. I think I know what the problem is with Post No. 230, but I consider what I was writing about was important, and should stand - but so should the sensitivity warning, and I apologise to whoever was distressed by that content.

I will therefore not contest the sensitivity warnings - it is a very minor impost on readers. 

It is, however, of some note that this has occurred years after they were published: that probably reflects that the Internet is getting better at managing sensitive content. The lack of specificity in communication, however, is a problem: if I had been inclined to dispute this or react to it, I would first have to find out what breach was alleged to have occurred.

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below.
I am on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/Gnwmythr.

Finally, remember: we need to be more human being rather than human doing.