Sunday 2 April 2023

Post No. 2,407 - A few rambles: old age and young

One of the problems Im finding as I get older is that I am unimpressed by something that people have raved about - such as new writings about the experiences of discrimination: it may be new to them, but often is nothing new to me. Ill start reading it, and then think why? This is wasting my time for nothing new.”

Maybe that is how they deal with their guilt at being part of a group that commits discrimination: be pseudo-enthusiastic about everything in case failure to do so means they will be thought to be a bigot - as opposed to being thought a bigot over failure to change or failure to be an effective ally ...  

And I am part of many groups, some of whom ARE bigots, so I feel this issue myself at times.

There is another problem, however, that I have had all my life: not believing that not all kids do stupid, immature, or hurtful things. 

There are sayings about being older than ones age, and about what are now termed indigo children etc - things that show that, in Western culture, we have problems with people being decent human beings. (PS - see here: "not every one does it".) When I look at the young people in India who have been regarded as gurus or deities from a very young age, I think (a) theyre open in India to young people being good, (b) what is done to many - if not most - of those young people is abusive - and yet another form of excuse to try to get out of changing oneself into being a better human being.

In my 20s, when I was renting places in Qld some real estate agents wanted to know if I had had someone over for sex - i.e., a normal intimate relationship - because they wanted to attack me over breaches of lease conditions. I was particularly annoyed that they thought everyone would have behaved as disrespectfully as they did in their 20s.

There were kids at school who behaved stupidly - thats their choice; others, such as me, chose not to. Accept the fact that people are at different stages of spiritual evolution - dont condemn those who arent as far along the path as others, but stop denigrating those who are further along by calling them liars. 

Ive written some poems on this sort of theme today: see here, here, and here


If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below. 

Finally, remember: we need to be more human being rather than human doing.