Tuesday 22 December 2009

Post No. 096 - I am in mourning

I have to say that, after Copenfloppen*, I am in mourning for our beautiful planet, and the wonderful life on it, so much of it which will be lost (along with entire nations in the Pacific - and the homes of family of Bangladeshi friends I have).

I guess that this just means, in part, that all the lobbying which has, to some extent, been put on hold since getting close to the UN's conference will now be resumed at full strength: it is now up to each of us to
(a) do what we can personally (and we really need to cut back drastically on consumersim/materialism), and
(b) pressure all our governments to stop stuffing around and start taking a lead.

* This term is from an article in a paper I don't ormally read.

Gnwmythr

Tags: environmental, responsibility, society, personal responsibility, trees, poverty, China, materialism, consumerism,

First published: Tuesday 22nd December, 2009

Last edited: Tuesday 22nd December, 2009