Wednesday 25 August 2010

Post No. 149 - Updates: healing, world peace, vegan witches, crop circles and memory


This is just a short post so I can get a few updates, possibly interesting links and thoughts out into the blogosphere.

Firstly, healing - which I have written about a few times (see here, here and here).

One of the aspects of healing that I have occasionally wondered about is the apparent heat that comes out of my hands. Specifically, could that simply be a byproduct of something like more blood flow, as I have noticed veins standing out at times? Well, I recently have had to go to hospital a few times as part of managing my diabetes. Sitting in the waiting room with literally dozens of other people, some quite ill compared to me, some about the same, I felt the healing energy start to flow - and I decided to let it, although I considered trying to close down to protect my energy levels.

Anyway, when I got in to have a blood sample taken, the nurse commented on how warm my hands were - even saying "we'll have no problems getting blood from you".

But she did.

She had to try a few locations, and do a lot of squeezing to get a few tiny drops of blood out.

I'll take that as a reasonable answer to my question, with the answer being "no, the warmth is not necessarily due to extra blood flow".

(One of my sisters has been in hospital for some major surgery recently: I'm currently giving her healing every day, and her doctors have told her she is healing faster than expected. Could be due to other factors, of course, but I could also be contributing to that ... )

I've done a sketch on healing which I will use as part of future teaching, and have decided to give it a preliminary run, so ... here 'tis:


Next: world peace, which I have also written about - see here, here, here, here and here.

Wikipedia had an interesting article on "Nonviolent resistance" (see here), and I recently found an online edition of Tolstoy's "The Kingdom of God is Within You". This book apparently influenced Gandhi; I've only skimmed Chapter One so far, and can't say I've particularly found it appealing or inspiring, but then I come from a different era when these concepts are no longer as revolutionary as they were. I also must say that I think it is dangerous to say evil should not be resisted at all, and I don't think that was Gandhi's take on this matter: my impression was that Gandhi sought to actively oppose evil, but he was as firm that such resistance be nonviolent as he was that it should be resisted. Anyway, if I manage to wade through it all, I may post a few further thoughts ...

Don't hold your breath.

As an aside to this, I came across a debate on religion and violence which was started by a speech or article by a William Cavanaugh, Research Professor at the Center for World Catholicism and Intercultural Theology at DePaul University, Chicago (apparently the author of, most recently, The Myth of Religious Violence: Secular Ideology and the Roots of Modern Conflict (Oxford University Press, 2010)), on the ABC's Religion and Ethics dated 24th August, 2010:
"Christopher Hitchens and the Myth of Religious Violence".

The blurb on the website has this:
"When I recently gave a lecture entitled "Does Religion Cause Violence?" at a college, someone scrawled across a poster advertising the lecture a single word - "Duh!" The idea that religion has a peculiar tendency to promote violence has achieved the status of truism in Western so ... " More

The debates after the article itself are, to me, more interesting that the article itself. Have a read and a think ...

Now, third - speaking of having a think: wisdom.

ABC Radio National's Life Matters programme had a session where a University Vice Chancellor said he thought institutes of higher learning should be teaching wisdom, not just knowledge for jobs ...

The blurb on their website is:

Learning wisdom Universities are well known as institutes of learning. But perhaps it's best known for teaching things like history, molecular biology, economics, botany, engineering,and medicine. These days much of the knowledge imparted at universities is about making graduates job-ready. But Steven Schwartz, vice-chancellor of Macquarie University, says knowledge is not enough. Universities, he believes, ought to be in the wisdom business too. He'll be giving his annual lecture on just this topic tonight. Guests Steven Schwartz Vice-Chancellor, Macquarie University Further Information Wise Up: Restoring Wisdom to Universities, Vice Chancellor's annual lecture

Fourth
: a blog which might be interesting: Vegan Hippie Witch

Now, fifthly, we come to a topic that I've had, at times, mixed feelings about: crop circles. There were a couple of blokes who claimed to have created all the crop circles. They may have, I agreed at the time, but is the occurrence of crop circles limited to what two people at night can create within the confines of working at night, etc? Well, the answer it would seem, is no - see here.

(If the link has disappeared when you look at it, go over to my website and email me for a copy of the article.)

I'm still not so certain about the interpretations that are placed on these ...

For my sixth comment, I'm now going to go back to the ABC's Radio National's - and my favourite programme there, Life Matters, and a topic that is of great importance to psychic work: perception. Being objective and, at times, dispassionate is actually crucial to developing advanced psychic abilities. Hence, I post links about perceptions from time to time. Well, this article was about something that is somewhat similar: memory ... (see also here)
From here:
Memory and witness discussions
New forensic psychology research from the University of Sydney indicates that crime witnesses tend to contaminate each other's memories by discussing the event. Study participants were convinced they were describing a scene from memory, when they were often describing a similar scene someone else had seen, and then told them about.

Seventh, one of my environmental passions: the need for a change of lifestyle, which is included in an article titled "Fiddling while the Earth burns", published in The Age on 27th August, 2010.
To view the entire article, click on: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/fiddling-while-the-earth-burns-20100826-13u4m.html

Eighth: a cautionary note about the travails of being a psychic detective. Now, apart from the limitations of accuracy and communication, and the fact that such work will only be useful if it leads to evidence which is admissible in a court of law (which it can and has done), there is the sceptical attitude of the police and media, which conceivably could potentially lead to suspicion of having committed the crime being laid against the psychic.

Doubt that? Have a read of the following ...

"Psychic searching for Kiesha discovers woman's torso", August 12, 2010 - 1:05PM
To view the entire article, click on: http://www.theage.com.au/nsw/psychic-searching-for-kiesha-discovers-womans-torso-20100812-120mf.html. Later articles described the psychic as an aboriginal elder. (There is another article about a psychic on this case here.)

Ninth: guides. This is also a topic I have posted on previously (for instance, see here, here and here), and now I've been working on a sketch to help illustrate some of the concepts (namely, that either your direct guides, or the indirect guides helping someone who is guiding you because you trust them, will have more spiritual experience than you, but will NOT necessarily be "wise".


Keep in mind, too, that any time you ask for guidance, you should specify that it is from constructive sources, and check to make sure it is not someone trying to dupe or mislead you, possibly to gain power over you (as some earthbound entities and other lifeforms may do).

Tenth: a cautionary article from Witch's Voice. I actually consider the author to have been a little naive, but it may well be that others have not come across such behaviour previously either. So ...
"Dealing with Antagonists in Pagan Groups (Part One)", by Iris Firemoon http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usva&c=words&id=13986

I'll have to see what the next part is like.

And finally, a lighter comment: a name for a band, if any happen to be looking and read here (not likely!), from a sign with an obscured "s": Tone Masons ...

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

This post's photo is from the Queenscliff to Sorrento ferry between the heads of Port Phillip.

Tags: energy work, healing, education, learning styles, wisdom, crop circles, vegan, perceptions, memory,

First published: Tuesday 31st August, 2010

Last edited: Tuesday 31st August, 2010