Sunday 2 January 2011

Post No. 196 - The Only Planet of Choice, Star Wars and Kung Fu [Content Warning: taking things for granted, irresponsibility, selfishness, competition, violence]

Some time ago I did a rave review on Stuart Holroyd's magnificent book "Briefing for the Landing on Planet Earth". Well, there is a follow up book which I have finally (courtesy of some gift money) bought: "The Only Planet of Choice", published under the name of the medium from Briefing and subsequently, Phyllis V. Schlemmer.

I'm going to do a more comprehensive review of that book later (meaning, with apologies, it will get added to my draft posts for some time ... there is a downside to being busy :( ), but some of the themes from it tie in with other things I am doing as I try to laze around doing nothing (well ... almost nothing ... ) on my end of year break.

Now, the theme that has been coming through fairly strongly so far is:
  • this world is acting as a bottleneck on the evolution of the Universe, and our negativity could contaminate the whole rest of the Universe;
  • the reason for the bottleneck effect is the addiction to physicality, and lack of connection with Deity/the Universe of people on this planet (apparently we get mired in the density of the planet);
  • to fix things, we need to acknowledge that there is no death, and hence all actions will have consequences which must be paid for, and "[i]f they also knew that each of them had the quality of greatness in them" (p. 91).
Now, while I am perfectly prepared to admit that we can and do influence others, and that this planet has got itself into somewhat of a negative state (e.g. see here), I have trouble with the concept that we are the only form of a compulsory evolution. I'm an engineer, not a deity, and yet I know that critical systems need redundancy (i.e., back ups). In fact, if you look at the patterns in a leaf, the vessels that transport fluids around the leak have multiple redundancy in them, and in fact have been used to inspire designs of failure-resistant piping systems. To think, after ensuring back up occurs in something such as a leaf, the Universe has made such a fundamental flaw is a bit ... doubtful, to me. [8]

Still, who am I to say? I could be wrong :)

I have less problem accepting that negative psychic energy from this planet could lead to a snowball effect throughout much of the rest of creation (I'm glad the emphasis seems to be off physical [nuclear] radiation poisoning all the rest of creation: I suspect that message may have been an ... error, on the part of the transmission units [mediums :) ] who channelled it). In many situations in life, the stronger influence tends to win:
  • in evolution, the more appropriate survive;
  • in a court case, those with better evidence and legal resources tend to win;
  • in the physical world of Nature, the stronger force tends to win (determining which is stronger tends to be related to our perspective of time [1]);
  • in the case of a group of women living together, one will tend to dominate and all the women's periods set into unison with her period (that doesn't necessarily refer to the alpha female, by the way!) - see here;
  • in interpersonal interactions that are not aware of social/cultural/emotional/spiritual factors (and I recommend activism/social study, personal growth/counselling and studying polyamory to develop such awareness), the stronger person (again, not necessarily the loudest/pushiest/most obnoxious/"alpha" type personality) may tend to dominate those who are weaker;
  • in psychic terms, stronger (which is time-related, but also subject to changing factors such as how many other sources of energy will help [2]) energy will tend to dominate the weaker.
The solution, according to Phyllis Schlemmer's book (which is reporting the chanelled advice from "The Nine" [3]), is for people to clear the clouds of negative energy (and I also read an implication suggesting spirit rescue could be useful, but that is not stated explicitly) and accelerate the development of this planet, largely around doing 9 to 18 minutes of meditation [4] daily (or possibly at least weekly - I haven't finished the book yet).

(One thing I quite like about the meditation is a suggestion to cleanse initially using three of my favourite colours: emerald green [although I prefer a darker shade], royal blue and purple - p. 271.)

This ties in well, for me, with my recent resumption of meditation, and the increased calmness I have been feeling as a result of it (I have a rather stressful job). It is also interesting that I have been looking for films with meditation in them, without much success other than some episodes of Kung Fu and the Star Wars series of films.

In fact, I find it quite fascinating how life will often pop up with the answers to things I am looking for. For instance, I wondered how, if I had not had access to the books I have had, I could have learned the things I have ... and got the answer in two ways:
  1. Charmaine Wilson's lifestory (see here and here [5]), and
  2. the general sequence of events at the moment, where I am often finding validation of information I have received from my Guides/Higher Self/helpers, including some of what I have read in The Only Planet of Choice.
Going back to the meditation, one thing I disagree with is the preference of The Nine for doing their meditations at the same time. I agree with the use of colour to cleanse, having three or more people together in a state of harmony, but I don't agree with trying to have everyone around the globe synchronise to do their meditations at the same chronological time. I am fully aware of the problems this creates for some (especially for us here in Australia, if the thing is set for a time that suits people in the USA, as was often the case when I worked for a US-owned company), including flow-on effects on family, work and health, but, more importantly, I am aware that having a group of people around the globe who do their work at the same clock time in their timezone means that it is possible to build up a wave of energy running around the planet. (That is something we worked out in an online Correllian shrine I used to help co-run.)

Now, in terms of addiction to this world, just after I'd read that part of Phyllis' book, I watched the episode "An Eye for an Eye" (episode 4, season one - see here), with it's portrayal of the effects of the theme of revenge (getting even, as many here would call it). I think these effects are best summed up by the saying I attribute to Gandhi (although it quite possibly comes from others) "An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind" ... and makes the whole world trapped in a cycle of karmic returns and rebirths.

It was interesting to me that comments were made about the character Caine in this episode that he seemed calmer than his brother, and there is quite a bit on the theme of being at peace in this TV series.

That's a comment I have sometimes had made about me, but I have never felt it was particularly true. I have, of course, been meditating since I was 14 or so, so it may be that I am - or seem to be - calmer or more at peace than others, but that is simply a matter of relativity (non-Einsteinian, if you'll pardon the science joke :) ). All things are relative - in fact, a saying I first came across in one of Rampa's books is "the more you know, the more you know there is to know". As another example, I was quite successful as a kid (a teenager) at my local sailing club in central-Queensland, and was praised by others for it - in fact, my first skipper once - wrongly - predicted that I would be on the first Australian team to win the America's Cup ... although I was cruising through the Whitsundays at the time :) . One of the reasons I wasn't was that I knew the competition increased as you went further "up the chain" - a National championship, for instance, had lots of people like me, people who were all good at a local level; a World championship had lots of people who were good at a national level, and so on, and the work to be succesful at higher levels was phenomenal (and I would rather put that amount of energy into making this world a better place, rather than seeking personal glamour). My results in competitive sailing have shown that I can win at a local, regional and State level, come in the top 10% of a National championship, and come in the top 30% of a World level championship. So ... to the people who think i am good at anything, keep in mind that it is all relative, and others are better than me, and that we are all, given the time (possibly more than one lifetime), practise and guidance, capable of achieving the same as anyone else.

Now, let's consider the Star Wars series of films (and, by the way, I consider Bablyon 5 infinitely better, and Star Trek much, much better [6]). In one of those films, Yoda says something along the lines of "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side". Now, forgetting about the "dark side" stuff for a moment, I've previously posted that I do not consider either fear or anger to actually be emotions - fear is, in my view, a sometimes inappropriate survival mechanism (see here) and anger a way that some mother emotion is being expressed (see here).

The Wikipedia review on Yoda (see here, accessed on 2nd January, 2011) includes the following:
Yoda makes his first film appearance in The Empire Strikes Back (1980). Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) arrives on Dagobah to seek his guidance, having been instructed to do so by the Force ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Alec Guinness).
Rather than immediately identifying himself, Yoda tests Luke by initially presenting himself as a comical, backwater individual, deliberately provoking both Luke and R2-D2 (voiced by Kenny Baker). Finding that Luke exhibits many of the flaws that led to his father's downfall, Yoda is reluctant to teach him in the ways of the Force, but agrees to do so at the spectral Obi-Wan's behest.

In my opinion, the prequel film sequence actually shows Anakin going bung because of possessiveness of Padme, manifesting as fear of loss, which in turn could perhaps be attributed to personal insecurity or lack of self confidence/esteem - which takes us back to the second part of the "cure" mentioned in "The Only Plant of Choice": "[i]f they also knew that each of them had the quality of greatness in them". (It also is yet another argument for either being polyamorous, or at least using the techniques of polyamory to deal with problems such as jealousy. We all have a shadow side; we need to acknowledge that, change what can be changed, and accept and manage what cannot - or what will take time to change. ) [7] Getting in touch with our innermost, truest selves, our Higher Self, that part of ourself which may seem almost god-like to us, is one of the aims of meditation, according to Rampa, and certainly is one of the benefits I've found. That form of meditation (which is not the "relaxation" approach to meditation, nor transcendental Meditation or similar techniques) has certainly led to increased calmness and an inner strength for me.

Have a look at my post and please consider :)

If, sadly, you won't consider doing that for yourself, please consider doing it for others, for this planet, our home, Earth.

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

Notes:
  1. In the case of a bushfire, at the time of the fire, fire is stronger, but, in the long term, life will generally lead the bush to regenerate. In the case of tectonic movement, the uplift is initially stronger than erosive forces when it creates a mountain range; but then, over time, the wind and rain are stronger than the mountain. ... Can you tell I've been watching the TV series Kung Fu, dear Grasshopper? :)
  2. The most obvious sources of energies are people. On your side will (generally) be Guides, your Higher Self, friends, etc. (The qualification here is that if you are seeking to harm others, your Guides and Higher Self will be opposing what you do!) However, other sources of energy can be from crystals, sacred places, etc - and YOUR energy levels are subject to your psychic health (which can be affected by your physical state of being), your psychic skills (which comes down to practise!) and your psychic strength (which depends on things such as ... practise and usage).
  3. There are some interesting parallels between the information on "The Nine" and the books of Lobsang Rampa and Alice A Bailey.
  4. See here, and here.
  5. Charmaine developed directly from guidance she received.
  6. Star Trek's creator, Gene Roddenberry, is reported to have sat in on quite a few of the communication sessions with The Nine. Actually, I am more personally impressed by his flying experience ... :)
  7. There is also the issue of the attitude of the Jedi that their knights must be single to deal with: that runs a whole gamut of potential problems, and is based on a whole set of (wrong) assumptions that I will be posting about in due course. In the interim, note that Tibetan monasteries included one sect where monks and nuns were married, and that even Rampa has commented that sex can lead to spiritual ecstasy.
  8. Another example pof the multiple options thing is the introduction of new ideas to this world. I believe that ideas are channelled into this world by "inventers", "thinkers", "philosophers", etc - John Denver once wrote about how he felt that his ideas for songs came from outside himself, for example. (The best I can find to support this - given that I cannot find the actual quote - is the following, from here: "The songs would just come from him, as if he was a vehicle from God that the songs flowed through," Annie Denver was quoted as saying in the Denver Post after Denver's death.)

    As a small example of this, in my younger days I had an idea for a type of sail which would be more like an airfoil, and which would change as you tacked. I never progressed that (I chose to focus in other areas of my life) but I subsequently saw a programe on TV where someone in Western Australia had actually developed and patented that idea - and good for them: they hadn't pinched "my" idea any more than I had theirs. It was simply a case of this relatively minor invention having come in to this world through at least two portals ...

    A possibly better known case was the development of the theory of evolution by Charles Darwin. Darwin's work was (arguably) somewhat paralleled by that of Alfred Wallace. It appears to me that neither based their work on that of the other, they were genuinely independently developing the same idea.

    I've read other examples, but must apologise as I haven't kept references to them (largely because I consider this idea so self evident). All I can offer at the moment is that Edgar Cayce reportedly channelled a comment that each person could happily and succesfully marry any of around 40 people on planet Earth at any one time (so much for "the one" - bring on polyamory, I say! :) ).

    Where we know of only one person who has developed an idea, I consider that the others who were channelling that idea into this world may either have failed, thus proving the benefit of multiple channels, or simply not be known.

    Also, in relation to this topic, Chapter Three of Briefing for the Landing on Planet Earth contains a statement from "The Nine" that only 2% of those who make a commitment to serve for "good" on the Earth actually follow through and succeed in that commitment (p. 97 of my copy). This was in the context of discussing the original channel for The Nine, who pulled out from the work and was replaced by Phyllis - oh wait: was that a case of back-up? Or ... the original possible author of Briefing was actually Lyall Watson, who decided not to undertake that role and was replaced by Stuart Holroyd ... oh, was that another case of back-up? In fact, on page 85, an entity being channelled by Phyllis specifically states that, if the original channel fails, there were two more from the group who could take on that role.

    (It is interesting - to me! - to speculate on the differences between the response of a spiritually immature and a spiritually mature soul to the 98% failure/2% success rate. An immature soul would either say "oh that won't be me" or "what's wrong with all those others that they failed so much", whereas a spiritually mature soul would be more inclined to say "I too have probably 'failed' 49 times, learning something constructive each time, before I finally succeeded. I wonder what I can learn from that borader overview?", and would be more likely to be (a) sympathetic, and (b) useful, to those in the 49 failure part ... )

    Very importantly, NONE of this means we should write off or take casually our Planet, or any of the valuable individuals who has tried to take on a role for the service of the "greater good" and struggled or even "failed". All are INHERENTLY valuable, and our Plant is valuable in its own right. I'm just suggesting that THAT is enough reason, and expressing doubts that the Planet has a sole, CRITICAL function in the Universe ...


This post's photo is yet to be posted.

Tags: Alice A Bailey, energy, evolution, Lobsang Rampa, negative energy, Stuart Holroyd, Charmaine Wilson, personal characteristics, responsibility,

First published: Sunnudagr, 2nd January, 2011

Last edited: Monday, 3rd January, 2011 (added comment 8)