Sunday 19 June 2016

Post No. 881 - Transphobia, "Briefing for the Landing on Planet Earth" and Personal [Content Warning - hate, discrimination, transphobia]

Transphobia

There has been another debate (happened before the Orlando mass murders, but I've only just caught up with it) about trans-exclusion in the Pagan world, outlined in a Wild Hunt post, with some excellent rebuttals of the transphobic nonsense at:
  • Peter Dybing has posted on this topic, leading to an apparent attempt by the bigots to have him sacked from his day job - which, if true, is an act of particularly contemptible hypocrisy and bastardry; 
  • Alley Valkyrie has posted on the transphobic violence (and it is violence - in fact, I consider it should be possible to charge any person who misgenders a trans person with attempted murder, which is what they are doing spiritually and morally) - with one post being removed by the idiots at facebook;
  • a particularly good post by Vanessa Blackwood of Sundown Style, which includes this: "By eschewing the transgender movement, we are not, in fact, supporting the rights of women, but in fact detracting from them. We detract from them by continuing to allow our culture to dictate what gender roles mean, and what constitutes feminine or masculine, and even to hold one as more valuable than the other.  We do this because we are still placing ourselves above others in a gender-based hierarchy. The transgender movement is not eroding feminism. Rather, it is expanding on a concept of equalism, in which all genders have equal rights, respect, and dignity in the eyes of society, and hopefully the law";
  • and here, by a cisgendered woman which includes: "my own High Priestess’s insistence that I wasn’t connected enough to my “feminine side” when I wore jeans";
  • and here, which includes: "Gender essentialism and separatism is the mirror image of patriarchy. We reject the patriarchy and the kyriarchy. We reject all binaries. There are men who reject rape culture and women who excuse rape. Let’s promote consent culture and gather our beautiful diverse tribe. Let us include people in, welcoming and celebrating and affirming diversity, not sowing hate and fear and division. Let’s create spaces that are safe for everyone of every gender. Pagan traditions (both ancient and contemporary) affirm the queer as sacred, as liminal, as being touched by the gods. All magic is magic. All love is love. All people are people"
  • and "Not My Goddess, Not My Feminism, Not My Priestesses".
Incidentally, I rebut the claim that trans people claim biological differences are irrelevant. If that was true, no trans person would ever seek surgery, nor would any trans person acknowledge that M2Fs not having a period or trans people generally being raised in a different role have an effect, which has been acknowledged.

PS - just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, consider also this and this, which are sexuality related rather than gender identity, but also raise issues that many people feel uncomfortable and threatened by.

More on "Briefing for the Landing on Planet Earth"
This is a preview from next week's news post:
one of the major reasons I started in the work was because of the book  “Briefing for the Landing on Planet Earth”, by Stuart Holroyd (my copy pub. Corgi, 1979; ISBN 10: 0552109975, ISBN 13: 9780552109970). I’ve now come across what could be independent verification for an event described in that book: see here and here;


Personal
Owing to a combination of dog sitting for my partner so she can attend a weekend seminar, tending an unwell cat, and work demands, I'm going to be a little late getting the Psychic Weather Report done today, but am hoping to get it up before meditation time tonight. If I don't , remember the default plan to focus on the "Shield of Hope".

Also, I've decided to start promoting the limited commercial activities I offer - see here.  



 




Love, light, hugs and blessings
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux … aka Morinehtar … would-be drýicgan or maga ... )
My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here.

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me for a few minutes at some time between 8 and 11 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate-clear for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible. 
May the best in me, my Higher Self,
and those of the Clear Light who assist me,
help me to keep myself grounded, centred and shielded,
to be Balanced and a Fulcrum of Balance,
a centre of Balanced Positivity and Spiritual Maturity,
with my aura continuously cleansed, cleared and closed,
repelling all negative or unwanted energies,
whilst allowing positive, balancing and healing energies in and through.
The real dividing line is not between Christianity and Islam, Sunni and Shia, East and West. It is between people who believe in coexistence, and those who don’t.
Tom Fletcher, Former UK Ambassador to Lebanon
  • All of the above - and this blog - could be wrong, or subject to context, perspective, or state of spiritual evolution ...
Tags: about me, aliens, communication, discrimination, fear, hate, society, Stuart Holroyd, the Council of Nine, transphobia,
First published: Sunnudagr, 19th June, 2016
Last edited (excluding fixing typo's and other minor matters): Sunday, 19th June, 2016