Monday 27 June 2016

Post No. 890 - Melburnians overheating in winter

My home city is - currently, at any rate - Melbourne, in the state of Victoria, in Australia. In Melbourne, people complain about the weather - a lot. I know that is a characteristic of people in many places: I think it is just a convenient tool for starting a conversation: I remember hearing, in one of the BBC lessons on Cyraeg (Welsh) that "one never disagrees with others on the weather. Personally, I love the changeability of our weather, I love having seasons (when I lived in Queensland, I actually found the sameness of the weather boring and, ultimately, quite oppressive) - I even love rainy days (look up pluviophile :) .

I also love the greenery, notably the trees - the wet schlerophyll (i.e., the rain forests) forests in particular.

I personally don't find the climate all that cold - I used to love making patterns in the winter frost on the grass when I was a kid - with bare feet, but it was cold enough to enjoy a fire: the warmth on one side, the chill on the other ... which I will come back to.

I became even less susceptible to the cold when I was regularly using Lobsang Rampa's breathing exercises for staying warm. In fact, I eventually stopped doing those exercises regularly, largely because of the problems I am going to write about here.

And those problems are:
that Melburnians over heat themselves in winter
The problem is that too many Melburnians:
  • look outside and see grey conditions, and THINK that therefore it must be cold (sometimes it can actually be warm, but these people are so out of touch with themselves and their feelings that they don't realise they're experiencing emotions more than temperature), and therefore they dress warmly; 
  • however, they think they also have to heat rooms (especially if they're dieting, and thus their body is struggling to warm itself)
and they wind up with a skin temperature that is higher than they would experience throughout most of the rest of the year (although that is not the case during one of our 40 degree plus heat waves - and I was here for the 46.4 °C of the fires in February, 2009).

Now, having done all that, if they subsequently remove one of those steps, their skin temperature drops from super-heated to just over-heated, and they consider that they must be getting cold, so they re-double their efforts to heat themselves - and anyone else who suffers their efforts.

This is all incredibly stupid, damaging to the environment (because of the resources used to accomplish said heating), and shows the stupidity of being out of touch with oneself and Nature.

A few points, dear Melburnians, to consider:
  • what is considered to be hot or cold depends on our history: come inside from a cold day, and you may consider a room that others, coming from perhaps hotter rooms, find cold actually warm - until you get used to that temperature; 
  • we are actually dynamic creatures: change is often good for us, and it can be invigorating to experience changes of temperature - as Scandinavians and "ice-bergers" have known for millennia; 
  • we can also enjoy different temperatures at the same time - I personally like my back and legs to be warmer, with the rest of me colder; and 
  • above all else, our PERCEPTIONS are coloured by our EMOTIONS.
So, for the sake of those of us who like the weather, get to know and understand yourself, people, and deal constructively with what you want :)


Love, light, hugs and blessings
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux … aka Morinehtar … would-be drýicgan or maga ... )
My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here.

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me for a few minutes at some time between 8 and 11 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate-clear for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible. 
May the best in me, my Higher Self,
and those of the Clear Light who assist me,
help me to keep myself grounded, centred and shielded,
to be Balanced and a Fulcrum of Balance,
a centre of Balanced Positivity and Spiritual Maturity,
with my aura continuously cleansed, cleared and closed,
repelling all negative or unwanted energies,
whilst allowing positive, balancing and healing energies in and through.
The real dividing line is not between Christianity and Islam, Sunni and Shia, East and West. It is between people who believe in coexistence, and those who don’t.
Tom Fletcher, Former UK Ambassador to Lebanon
  • All of the above - and this blog - could be wrong, or subject to context, perspective, or state of spiritual evolution ...
Tags: about me, dynamic aspects, environment, nature, perceptions, personal characteristics, self knowledge,
First published: Mannadagr, 27th June, 2016
Last edited (excluding fixing typo's and other minor matters): Monday, 27th June, 2016