Monday 22 June 2020

OT: an accomodation

My partner bought me a nice pillow-type support for my e-book reader when I'm in (or laying on the) bed. It's very nice, and greatly appreciated - even more so by our cat, His Regal, Imperial, Magnificent and Ultra-Furriness, Lord Willow. Willow and I have, however, come to an accommodation on the matter of using the pillow and supporting my e-book reader . . .


(In the photo, I'm reading Ron  Cernow's biography "Grant" [pub. Head of Zeus, 2017, ISBN 978-1-788541589], which has now got to the end of the US "civil" war, and am appalled - yet again - at the slaughter, abuse and war crimes all round. The book is covering Grant's flaws as well as his strengths [some unappreciated], and it will be interesting to see how they cover Grant's role in the later "Indian Wars", as well as his attempts to address racism.)