Saturday 13 June 2020

Post No. 1,587 - Miscellaneous

Some interesting reading this week:
Finally, a thought: we talk of the dawning of the day, why not the dusking of the night?

My understanding is many people used to consider dusk the start of the day. I did an internet search, and can find a song with that name (worth listening to, by the way - upbeat instrumental, although I only listened to the one song, not the whole album), by no-one seems to use the term "dusking" for the arrival of the night. Night is not necessarily a time of gloominess, darkness and despair: many people find night an easier time to do psychic work, for instance - particularly after other people have gone to sleep, and thus their psychic energy around this world is quieter.

However, it may be that I'm being affected by the negativity of the world in considering this, so, apart from including it in my creative writing (there is a poem coming!), my next actions on this will be to meditate on it, and the possible spiritual/psychic implications of having such a word in the English language.