Monday 7 September 2020

Post No. 1,657 - Coming soon-ish: some tweaks to the PWRs

 I am currently working on some minor improvements to the weekly PWRs. 

I am re-doing the map I use, and am "roughing in" by eye some additional features,such as mountain ranges, rivers, and some subsea features. Owing to the small size of the original (A4), and that I haven't bought any rights to particular maps (although I've yet to come across anything that would be suitable), what I am able to add is quite limited (and, as stated, only very roughly positioned)

I am also taking off the "Shield of Hope". I created that for a tactical purpose - to draw the attention of the nonBPM to a particular place: a challenge, if you will. That aim has been met, so I can now let that concept go. 

Scans of the new master (both the linework outline [the patchiness is due to using old tracing paper], and the coloured version) are posted below.


I am also going to try divining the energy values to more than just the nearest whole number. I've done some trials, and think I can only really do this to around the nearest ⅓, but I will - for convenience - present the numbers in decimals (e.g., 6.3). Please keep in mind, however, that I am not claiming to be detecting this to an accuracy of ±0.05 - even with my fancy new dowsing pad. 

On that, in case it is of any use to others, I've posted a scan of my new dowsing pad below. I've drawn it on the bottom of an A4 sheet so I can fold the top down as backing.

This will also mean that I need to spend some more time creating the initial energy contours. C'est la vie.