Saturday 5 December 2020

Post No. 1,714 - Interesting Reading/Viewing and Posts from my Other Blogs / YouTube Channel

This week I have made the following posts on my other blogs:

Political Musings of Kayleen:

  • Thinking - “We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought” (John F Kennedy)
    I've just come across a quote by former US President John F Kennedy in 1962 on thinking which is so apt - even for these days - that I've decided to post it as a standalone article:
     . . .
  • China
    A few quick points on China:  . . . there is a difference between the CCP and the Chinese people
     . . .
  • Risk Management: Motivation
    There are quite a few situations where motivating people to do something may be desirable, important, or even essential. . . . Now, these are all very different situations, and what is appropriate in one will not be appropriate in another
     . . .
  • What to do about psychopaths in the workplace?
    As a first point, the managers I’ve known in recent years have overwhelmingly been decent, considerate people in their actions towards me, others, and their workforces. Nevertheless, I am aware that not all are in such a fortunate position, so . . . what to do about psychopaths in the workplace?
    As I’m time limited today, I’m just going to jump straight to my suggestion - I may come back later and add more explanation.
    The solution, in my view, is supporting more activist shareholders
     . . .
  • Interesting reading from this week - including a comparison of responses to police brutality in the USA and Nigeria;
  • A (non)reaction problem: “testimony”
     . . . This week saw some - in the words used a fair bit in the more rational and credible sections of the USA - “testimony” . . . that was “lacking in credibility”.  . . . But the problem is, she is not alone.  . . . It is important to remember that there is always, in this day and age, a broader audience.
     . . .
  • A lived experience of “Animal Farm” (demonstrating the losses of totalitarianism) and other reading
     . . . I’ve just read an outstanding article written by a former CCP member which perfectly illustrates both a real life version of George Orwell’s “Animal Farm” and what I’ve written about several times: that the CCP’s authoritarianism and totalitarianism are robbing China of the skills and abilities of her people. The article illustrates the author’s growing recognition of inconsistencies, hypocrisy and superficial “thinking” in the CCP membership, as well as the flaws in Marx, the unacknowledged influence of the terrible despot Stalin, and the lie that claims Xi is a reformer.
     . . .         

I have a YouTube post of random thoughts which is embedded below:


 

Interesting reading this week:

 

My online candles blog:

My (near) daily candles for:     (1) peace, freedom, democracy, human rights, justice, social equity, and good governance,     (2) those killed, harmed or affected by violent extremist attacks, atrocities or violence, and managing the risk of same,     (3) those - human and animal - killed, harmed or affected by disasters including the climate crisis and the COVID-10 pandemic,     and     (4) those killed, harmed or affected by bushfires,     are at: