Sunday 20 December 2020

Post No. 1,726 - Interesting Reading/Viewing and Posts from my Other Blogs / YouTube Channel

This week I have made the following posts on my other blogs:

Political Musings of Kayleen:

  • 2020 and burnout
    Following the year that was, an article with some comments and suggestions on burnout at https://www.abc.net.au/life/what-to-do-if-you-re-feeling-burnout-as-2020-ends/100002964;
  • Why we should care about . . . the fact that the world order is American, not global
    I'm not going to do any writing on this topic: I'm just going to refer you to Stan Grant's outstanding article
    . . .
  • Backlash and other thoughts
    One of the many problems of the world relying on minorities to fight their own battles is that we do not have the resources to fight the bigger battles - things like ensuring students in school are EFFECTIVELY taught anti-racism, the truth around gender variety, how not to be sexist, and so on.
    I want to be perfectly clear on that: if a child continues to be racist, sexist or transphobic, their education has been a failure
     . . .
  • A Thought
    Some time ago I read of the decisions that the US Supreme Court made, more than a century ago now, that were basically anti-worker . . .
    This is not the only bad decision made by courts: how do we make sure upper courts consider ALL aspects fully of cases?
     .  . .

Musings of Kayleen:

 

I have a YouTube post for the Southern hemisphere’s Litha (northern hemisphere’s Yule) which is embedded below:

 


Interesting reading / sites this week: