Saturday 15 May 2021

Post No. 1,859 - Interesting Reading/Viewing and Posts from my Other Blogs / YouTube Channel

A continuing question and other matters:

Dear @TheElders and @_AfricanUnion   (and @FelixUdps), in view of the widespread suffering there, what are you going to do for Uganda this year?   @amnesty   @hrw   @POTUS   @VP   @UNHumanRights   #SaveUganda   #StandwithUganda   #MissingPersonsUganda   @MarisePayne   @SenatorWong   

Save Salla 2032 https://youtu.be/sSZSrjmmSIo   #savesalla   #Salla2032   

NoBeijing22   

This week I have made the following posts on my other blogs:

Political Musings of Kayleen:

  • Unaffordable housing is also killing society
    Paul  Krugman is a Nobel prize winning  columnist for “The New  York  Times” whose email service I have subscribed to. The NYT is behind a pay wall - reasonably priced, but these are extraordinary times, and I’m trying to keep families on two continents afloat so cannot afford that. (Incidentally, pre-pandemic, I bought the NYT publication of their stories on The  Pentagon  Papers, and it is excellent - as is their YouTube channel.)
    In Mr Krugman’s latest column, he has the following comment:
    The phenomenon of high real estate prices undermining cultural vibrancy is hardly unique to L.A.; it has happened many times in many places. It’s reportedly happening in Berlin as we speak.
     . . .
  • RINOs vs DINOs
    Something I came across through the TV series "The West Wing" is the term RINO: Republican in name only.
    Considering some Democrats in the USA are supporting the highly anti-democratic and, as far as I know, exclusively US practice of the filibuster, maybe there is a need for a term DINO - Democrat in name only.
  • Victim blaming on mental health problems in workplaces
    I recently came across a “plan“ for addressing mental health in the water industry that I consider a perfect example of the sort of victim blaming idiocy that accepts the lie that work “has” to be stressful, understaffed, and high pressure.
    It doesn’t, and it is only decades of neoliberal ideology creating a situation where everyday people struggle to pay their bills that anyone could even vaguely consider such abuses in the name of other pockets / profits to be acceptable.
    Ironically, I had written to my local (state) MP about this just hours beforehand. Below is a de-identified extract from that email
     . . . 

If I make any YouTube posts, I will embed them below:

 

 

Interesting reading / viewing / sites this week:

  • “The most powerful offerings you can make to a deity are acts that change the world for better in their name;

My online candles blog: