Tuesday 4 January 2022

Post No. 2,128 - the online community I have been searching for . . .

I have found an excellent example of the sort of online community I am searching for: the Wiccan tradition I used to be part of - the Correllian Nativist Tradition. I learned, accomplished some personal achievements, and was a member of several groups there, and then I left during a split that affected the group I was a member in in my nation (I won't give details: I'm not a member now, and consider I have no right to do so)

However, this is the only group I have come across that features consideration for other people and the world in a significant way. 

As examples of that, consider the following, taken from their current website:

  • Correllian Tradition Statement on Racial Justice, and the Order of the Ebony Knights - "Our mission to identify the spiritual challenges of Black pagans; to generate positive spiritual energy to eliminate those challenges; and to empower and educate our fellow Correllians and the greater worldwide community about the positive ways all pagans and their allies can contribute to the ideals of Black unity, transparency and building a positive legacy for all Black pagans";
  • "Door training" programme, based on serving community by sharing psychic based counselling skills and Spiritual paths after training from experts on "subjects that can be beneficial in life, community growth and business"
  • the Crystal Web
  • from the page on Orders
    • the Order of Paladins - "an international Order devoted to service and community work"
    • the Order of Peace Weavers (although that uses facebook)
    • the Order of Web Weavers - which works "with ley lines and energy vortices of the Earth and the Universe"
  • and the Spiritual War for Peace.

For a number of reasons (relating to the split), I suspect I would not be welcome (and an email enquiry I made a few years ago wasn't replied to), so I suspect that option is now long gone (and they do not appear to have a presence here any more), but what I am looking for is something similar - a community that features actively using magic for the betterment of the world - not solely individuals and those close to them.