Saturday 1 January 2022

Post No. 2,123 - Grant Cameron's "Contact Modalities", and astral doorways

I have now finished reading "Contact Modalities: The Keys to the Universe" by Grant  Cameron and Desta Barnabe (pub. ItsALLconnected Publishing, 2020, ISBN 9798649219884). I have already referred to this book (see here, here, and here), and I still recommend it strongly - it is excellent. 

To me, it is like an update to Lyall  Watson's (see also here) "Supernature" (pub. Sceptre, 1989 [first printing 1986; first pub. Hodder and Stoughton, 1973; first pub. in paperback Coronet, 1974, ISBN 0 340 40429 1; Amazon), but for those who do not know that earlier book, "Contact Modalities" explores  wide range of accessing nonphysical information and perceptions, including techniques generally described as "psychism" or "ESP" or "Remote Viewing" these days, along with a stack of other techniques (some with a long history of use), and explores what this indicates about reality. This draws on scientific research along the way, and I found the information on the brain both fascinating and interesting.

Well worth buying and reading.

Some years (actually, decades) ago I read (and subsequently mentioned here) J. H. Brennan's book "Astral Doorways" (pub. Aquarian Press, Wellingborough, 1971 [2nd impression 1982], ISBN 0 85030 242 0), which has been a good reminder of some astral - as opposed to etheric - travel techniques (I am still looking forward to having the opportunity to develop my ability to do etheric travel). It is still only available as a hard copy version, not digital, but it has some useful information in it - including how to draw a pentagram, a version of the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, some interesting postulations about the nature of reality, and, of course, a range of doorway techniques intended to be used to access the astral

I'm most drawn to the elemental doorways, but the symbols and colours are not what I would normally use, and I'm finding the doorways take me to places I'm not expecting - for instance: 

  • the purple oval, nominated as being for Æther, takes me to the tree I use for shamanic journeys to the underworld (I use the elements for shamanic journeys in this level of reality, incidentally - often combined with non-physical shape shifting)
  • the blue square, nominated as being for earth, takes me to a lovely little tropical cove - it's not anywhere in the (white coloniser name) Cumberland Group (which many people wrongly call "the Whitsunday Islands" - Whitsunday is the white coloniser name for the passage between the islands and the mainland and - nowadays - for some of the islands; for information on the traditional owners, see  here, here, and here), which I sailed in when I living in central Queensland, but it has a very similar feel and turquoise water colour; and 
  • the silver square, nominated as being for water, takes me to an extraterrestrial platform in space, in an area that I was told is in what we refer to as the  Pleiades.

Next, to see where the red triangle (for fire) and yellow square (for air) take me . . . 😉

BTW, the technique is explained in the book, and, to simplify, is based on staring at the shape until, when you close your eyelids, you see the shape in  its "reverse" colour - and then projecting through the shape. As always, establish and check  BPM  protection, and make sure someone knows what you're doing and can get you back.

Above all else, be mentally flexible, and don't assume things have to work for you the way they do for others. If you feel unsafe or unsure, back out of it and discuss the matter with your BPM  Guides, but I pursued the above exercises even though they didn't take me to the element I expected, and thus have new techniques that I can use.