Saturday 1 October 2022

Post No. 2,289 - On Gary Lachman's “The Caretakers of the Cosmos” vs. Indigenous / Pagan Views

Ive mentioned a couple of times that Im reading Gary  Lachman’s “The Caretakers of the Cosmos” (Pub. Floris Books, 2013, ISBN 978-178250-022-3; Amazon), and I have now worked out why I am uncomfortable with it: 

  • it takes the Abrahamic view of creation; and 
  • it assumes that creation is broken and needs fixing.

I am far more comfortable with the Pagan and/or Indigenous view that it is the balance of creation needs to be cared for, not an inherent flaw or sin that is the problem - and I also favour the view that physical reality was manifested from higher levels of reality, not an external and either indifferent/angry/psychologically disturbed deity, and done so for the purpose of spiritual evolution / improving consciousness. 

This is why I also get the irrits with neochristian, tendentious and pompous vibe of things like the latest  Dreamland episode - which is professional, engaging and thoughtful, but approaches the topic with an unconscious neochristian bias.

Perhaps oddly, it was reading the article “We Are Here” (subscriber access here - I bought the hard copy) on Native Sovereignty in the July, 2022 edition of National  Geographic that crystallised that thought for me.

 

Possible flaws 

Where I can, I will try to highlight possible flaws / issues you should consider: 

  • this is my personal view;
  • there may be flawed logical arguments in the above: to find out more about such flaws and thinking generally, I recommend Brendan  Myers’ free online course “Clear and Present Thinking” 
  • I could be wrong - so keep your thinking caps on, and make up your own minds for yourself.

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below.
I am on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/Gnwmythr.