Friday 28 February 2020

Post No. 1,505: Cross Posting - More About Me

This originally appeared on my political blog at https://politicalmusingsofkayleen.blogspot.com/2020/02/more-about-me.html.

I have been interviewed by the Joy  94.9 programme "Transgender Warriors": you can listen to the podcast here.

One thing I have determined is that I will write an autobiography, partly the memoir as urged, but there are broader, overlapping themes in my life as well. I've started that, but, unfortunately, finishing it may have to wait until I retire - or life eases up .  . .

I'd also like to mention:
  • The book "Transgender Warriors" (Beacon press, Boston, 1997, ISBN 978-0807079416, Amazon) written by  Leslie  Feinberg
  • The "Harmony in Diversity" episodes (Series 7, Episodes 8 and 9) I did on Paganism - here and here
  • various posts about myself on my main blog, which can be found here and here
  • my friend and honorary sister, Sally Goldner, AO - who also has a long-running radio programme, "Out of the Pan", on 3CR
  • Julie Peters - who has been a truly magnificent mentor over the years: you can find more about Julie at her Transgender Warriors interview here (follow the links - it is well worth the [minor] effort)
  • the history of transgender Australians project being undertaken by Professor Noah Riseman and Geraldine Fela - see here and here for their joint, two-part interview (follow the links there for more information - and listen to the episodes) - my thanks to Julie for introducing me to Noah, who is also helping get my testamur reissued (the psychological trauma around deadnaming is delaying that, now that the institution concerned has finally relented); and, of course . . . 
  • TransGender  Victoria.
Credit is also owed to my partner, and supportive family members and friends.

Diolch to you all.