Saturday 30 January 2021

Post No. 1,757 - Interesting Reading/Viewing and Posts from my Other Blogs / YouTube Channel

A permanent question:

Hey @TheElders and @AfricanUnion, given the widespread suffering, are you going to do anything for Uganda this year?

This week I have made the following posts on my other blogs:

Political Musings of Kayleen:

  • I’m thinking of making this a regular weekly post, so here’s my next batch of comments on recent news articles:
       a call by the UN secretary-general for a “coordinated global action to build an alliance against the growth and spread of neo-Nazism and white supremacy and the resurgence of xenophobia, anti-Semitism, and hate speech”. The call for coordination is new and significant;
     . . .
  • Expertise and “rationality” vs. communication
    Some time ago, I read a book called The Death of Expertise: to simplify considerably, it was a book decrying the loss of trust in expertise.
    We’re paying for that now, quite obviously, with conspiracy fantasists attempting a coup in the USA and ludicrous fantasies about vaccines (they connect you to the Internet? Really?? . . . ), but part of the problem is also the arrogance and small-mindedness of university graduates - which is partly shown in the flawed basis of the Engineer's Registration Act in my home state.
    I'd like to give an example of that arrogance, and how it has contributed to the loss of trust in expertise.
     . . .
  • From the news
    A few articles that are, in my opinion, worth reading and considering.
    Firstly, an utterly appalling revelation that the United Nations has been identifying activists to CCP repression - and has continued to do so even after claiming it stopped!
     . . .
  • Proposal to give award to bigot
    An email I sent to those who allegedly make the decisions about the honours system in Australia - and forwarded to my MPs.
    ***
    Dear Members of the Australian Honours and Awards Secretariat,
    Re: Considerations around award or cancellation of Australian Honours
    While your response to last year's controversy
     . . .

If I make a YouTube post on random thoughts, I will embed it below:

 


My online candles blog: