Saturday 9 January 2021

Post No. 1,741 - Dowsing The World’s Psychic Weather - Earth: Lesson One - Introduction, and the reality of psychic sensing

I recently wrote about my dowsing dream, and what I want to see happen out of the Psychic Weather Reports I have been doing for several years now. I’ve decided I will do a short online course so that what I am doing will not be lost to the world when I pass over (and we all do).

The course, at this stage, is planned to comprise 27 lessons grouped by the five elements - Earth, Water, Air, Fire, and Æther.

I reserve, however, the right to change the course if I consider that necessary :)

As I have a fair bit on - in my blogging, at my day job, in my personal work, in my personal study, and in my personal life - I won’t commit to a particular frequency of posting these lessons.

So let’s begin. This lesson, the first of the series and the first for the element Earth, which is about establishing a firm foundation, is about the evidence in support of psychism, including what the evidence says about accuracy (hint: it is never 100%).

As with my “Magickal Battle of the World” series, each of these will be short, to the point of being terse. I don’t have the time or energy to do otherwise. (This series will be intermittent - I won’t be trying to do lessons in this sequence weekly until the “Magickal Battle of the World” series is complete.)

The first lesson is to emphasise two points:

  • psychism is real,; and
  • psychism can be quantitative - it can predict amounts or quantities.

So let’s deal with that first point: psychism is real.

I have the benefit of real life, objective, as opposed to subjective, experience of psychism.

Let me explain those two terms.

Subjective, from https://gnwmythrsglossary.blogspot.com/2014/11/subjective.html:

In the context of psychism, this refers to forms of psychism that are perceived internally (e.g., subjective clairaudience is perceived as “voices in one’s head”).

In a more generic context, the word also refers to matters which are a matter of personal opinion, rather than objective, measurable fact – something ‘of the mind’. 

See also "objective".

Objective, from https://gnwmythrsglossary.blogspot.com/2014/11/objective.html:

In the context of psychism, this refers to forms of psychism that are perceived as if they are externally (e.g., objective clairaudience is perceived as if people are speaking nearby – which has only happened to me once), and to matters which are matters of fact, not opinion – e.g., whether the physical weather is cloudy or rainy.

More generally, this word may imply something that is measurable or a fixed fact not subject to interpretation – more literally, ‘external to the mind’. 

There was a ‘guide’ that I once read that objective clairaudience could be indicative of mental illness. This is a dangerous guide, as mental illness could be indicated by a wide range of things - mental health professionals are the people to consult on that, not simplistic guides! Furthermore, some perfectly sane people could have objective clairaudience. If you want some sort of guide, a better one I have read of is this: is the person in control of the clairaudience and the effect it is having on them, or is the clairaudience having an out of control effect? As you contemplate this, be aware that, according to this site, 4 to 10% of people ‘hear voices’ in some way, and this Psychology Today article says that one in three voice hearers need help, but others may find their voices helpful. (See here, also, for a suggestion for health professionals on this.)

The experiences I am referring to are, in chronological order:

  • at Uni I heard a voice laughing and calling my name one night when I was in my room in the residential college, and undergoing some depression - and that gave me a mood lift, it gave me hope to have confirmation that there was more to life than just the physical;
  • perhaps a year later, while I was still at Uni, I was sailing my dinghy in a national championship up the coast a bit when my eyes spontaneously rolled up, and I became aware of the people about me as spheres of energy around 2 m in diameter - which is how I perceive souls. My crew was quite nonplussed as we performed several manoeuvres requiring accurate boat handling - in a fleet - while my eyes were rolled up, but he didn’t say anything (I suspect he was too freaked out) and we didn’t muck any of the boat handling up.
    Interestingly, that event was triggered by laughter of someone nearby; and
  • a few years later, in the 80s now, after a session working with crystals at the group I learned to hone a lot of my skills (we laid on the floor and the relatively large crystals were placed on top of us) I rolled on to my side and opened my eyes, and saw the sandal clad feet and robe of one of my guides on the floor.

The overwhelming majority of psychic perceptions are subjective - in the mind’s eye. Some checking is required to verify their accuracy (but the validity level testing of sceptics), but that checking is also required for objective perception.

I get annoyed when people try to big note themselves by claiming their perception is objective when it isn’t: I’ve met some people who do experience more or less continuous objective psychic perception, and their auras are quite unique, and most of the claimants to objective psychic are clearly either deluded or lying.

The problem those liars create is they discourage the vast majority of us who have subjective perception, and many give up or think they aren’t psychic because it isn’t objective.

Unless there is a particular need, those who have objective psychism should just belt the **** up about it.

So, having got that out the way, there are other sources: books.

I lean towards books that discuss evidence when it comes to proof, but there are also accounts written by people who are psychic if that is what you are looking for.

From the first group of books I would suggest:

  • “Supernature” by Lyall  Watson, which collates and discusses a stack of scientific reports, republished by Sceptre in 2013 (Amazon);
  • “The Reality of ESP: A Physicist's Proof of Psychic Abilities”, by Russell Targ, which gives an excellent overview of scientific evidence, pub. Quest Books 2012 (Amazon);
  • “The Power of Eight: Harnessing the Miraculous Energies of a Small Group to Heal Others, Your Life, and the World” by Lynne  McTaggart, which uses the notion of measuring outcomes, reprinted Atria Books, 2017 (Amazon);
  • “A Lawyer Presents the Evidence for the Afterlife”, by Victor and Wendy Zammit, which uses legal skills to tear apart some of the sceptics lies, published White Crow Books, 2013 (Amazon); and
  • “Briefing for the Landing on Planet Earth”, by Stuart Holroyd, pub. Corgi, 1979 (first pub. W. H. Allen, 1977 – may have been called “Prelude for the Landing on Planet Earth”), ISBN 0 552 10997 5, which I wrote about here, and contains the best analysis of psychic events I have ever read, and appears to be completely out of print, at the moment, but you might be able to track down a physical copy (e.g., Amazon).

In terms of people’s experiences, my suggestions would be:

  • Dawn Hill, now Dawn Shelley Thomas Hill:
    “Lifting the Veil”, pub. Pan Australia (now Pan Macmillan), 1989, ISBN 0-330-27114-8;
    “Reaching for the Other Side”, pub. Pan Australia (now Pan Macmillan), 1982, ISBN 0-330-27029-X;
    “Love is the Answer, What is the Question?”, pub. Pan Macmillan, 1996, ISBN 0 732 90847 7
    “Edge of Reality” and “With a Little Help from My Fiends” (for which I don’t have details handy);
    These are hard to get now, but as a starting point try here, here, and you can take the ISBNs to your friendly local book seller;
  • “Out on a Limb”, by Shirley  MacLaine, pub. Bantam Books, 1983 (ISBN 0 533 05135 4) (Amazon);
  • “Relax, It’s Only a Ghost: My Adventures with Spirits, Hauntings and Things That Go Bump in the Night”, and other books by Echo  Bodine, pub. Fair Winds Press, 2001, ISBN-13 978-1931412711 (Amazon);
  • “Spirit Whispers” and other books by Charmaine Wilson, pub. Fontaine Press, 2011 (Amazon); and
  • “Never Alone” by Debbie Malone , pub. Random House, 2009, ISBN 978-1-74166-675-5 (Amazon).

Having gone through that, your homework is to do enough research - including reading - to be comfortable accepting that at least some people are psychic.

Next lesson we’ll get into ways of improving your psychic ability.