Sunday 31 January 2021

Post No. 1,760 - Dowsing The World’s Psychic Weather - Earth: Lesson Two - Overcoming Personal Blocks

Having “proven” to your personal satisfaction that psychism is real and can give quantifiable results (or, if working without that, never forget it and be alert for proof and disproof), come to next issue.

Now, there is an idea, one that is a bit of a simplification, that most people are psychic - or psychic to some degree.

This is a little like saying “all people can run” - no, not all people can run (some may be restricted by arthritis or bone problems, for example [on the other hand, amputees may be able to run using prosthetics, so it’s not always simple or clear cut in accordance with our biases, bigotries and assumptions] ), but of those who can, there is a wide range of ability.

Some can run a marathon, others can run quickly, some can run for days on end - but most people can’t and don’t want to do those extreme forms of running. They may be happy to do enough slow jogging to keep themselves fit, or an accomplishment may be able to intersperse walking with short periods of running, and that is enough for them.

But, for those normal people, it is also true that they may be able to improve their running by, for instance, practise, or useful guidance (I suspect too much is just elf-important rubbish).

Many people think tools such as good shoes are important, but as someone who (a) grew up spending most of my time barefoot, (b) is aware of cultures where barefoot running was the norm, (c) has even seen barefoot running (under some pretentious and fancy term) come back into fashion, and (d) has seen the damage and distortion done to the human foot by our toe pinching footwear, I am wary of that.

I’ve also experienced the problem of bruises from landing on stones and the pain of prickles, and have seen the injuries caused by people standing on broken bottles that idiots had left buried in sand, I’m also aware that there is a good case for wearing footwear.

In colder climates, our ancestors chose to develop and wear footwear.

That leads us into the general concept of using tools - whether that is a shoe to help with walking or running, or something else.

In the psychic field, tools can be used to aid us in psychism - largely, in my opinion, by helping us to get around personal psychological (unconscious) blocks.

Some of those blocks are of the “I can’t do this” kind, or “I don’t know if this is real” (hence my insistence on compelling evidence), or various unconscious problems - such as “my neighbours will burn me at the stake”, “my neighbours will metaphorically burn me at the stake”, “society will think I’m weird - aka, burn me at some sort of stake”, “my parents/peers/partner will think less of me”, “do I want to do this, or cure cancer?”, or “what's for tea?”.

All of the these are worthy of giving some consideration to - especially the issues of the potential impact on significant relationships (this might be where the good, non-controlling relationships start to stand out from the less healthy relationships), fears around consequences (the world has a lot of prejudices), conflicts of goals (although I often suspect people are assuming all or nothing, rather than choosing an acceptable split - say one third to this, two third to that), and personal issues (perhaps a lack of self confidence from years of gaslighting from society).

They are all worthy of being attended to, but that is not the purpose of this series. By all means, seek out competent help for those issues, possibly even look at other parts of this blog (e.g., this), but this series is focused on a fairly specific application of psychic techniques.

In that context, the use of “tools” enables us to overcome those sorts of personal blocks, and may also help overcome possibly limited training.

One of the most common of such tools is the use of divination tools - particularly tools based on card systems, including the fairly well-known Tarot, or runes, or the Yi Jing.

I’m going to focus on the pendulum, as that is what I use, but there are other options. The key is that they be capable of adaptation to provide a numeric or measurable (quantitative) output.

(I have even speculated about using dice for this wort of work - but I’ve never actually bothered to try it, and see what the limits/requirements might be for that to work, and, frankly, don’t have enough interest to try.)

The main point of this lesson is:

there are tools which can aid our psychism

In my case, I use the pendulum, and, while I concede that the idea that the dowsing tools extend our sensitivity (see, for example, Lyall  Watson in “Supernature”, e-book loc. 1651) is true and valid, the main benefit for me is that such tools enable one to bypass unconscious and conscious blocks (“see, it’s not me, it’s the pendulum!”).

I am comfortable with the sort of description I first read of in the book “Candlelight” (Corgi, 1973, ISBN 0 552 09390 4, pp. 12 - 29; Amazon, may be available as an e-book in one of the often poor quality compilations that have come on to the market) by the controversial Lobsang Rampa.

Your homework from this lesson is to do whatever reading, research or thinking is required for you to become comfortable with the idea that tools can be used to extend our psychism.

(By the way, this is different to the concept of omens, which are from external sources and are beyond our volition.)

 

Past Lessons

Earth: First principles: