Friday 5 February 2021

Post No. 1,763 - Thoughts after reading Jason Miller's "Protection & Reversal Magick: A Witch's Defense Manual"

OK, first things first: I've just read Jason  Miller's "Protection & Reversal Magick: A Witch's Defense Manual" (pub. New Page Books, 2006, eISBN 978-1-60163-952-3, Amazon), and consider it worth reading and thinking about. 

I don't agree with everything in it (my experience is that reversing an attack, even if you have managed to get the right person, almost always makes things worse in the long term - and by that, I mean multiple lives), but the author notes the concerns I have (obviously others also have those - as does, sometimes, the author).

I like the description of strategic thinking, including building connections with entities/Deities before you need them, but what I found the book did is crystallise my thinking around the use of physical objects and traditional forms of spells and magick, and, basically, I largely prefer to work directly with energy - and have all my life. 

If I am undergoing psychic attack, yes, I like and use the LBRP, but I also trace the actual energetic links, find the various objects and units on various levels, and deal with them directly.

Mr Miller refers to various dusts and powders: when I am travelling somewhere, I mentally sweep through the journey looking at all levels - including physical. The dusts referred to in this book will be detectable physically, but also on the etheric, and the energy can be dealt with, and suitable protection created. 

I do, however, have to get more disciplined about that - and my general practice. Living in lockdown for a year, and being careful about travel for a year before that because of a family member's health, and being worn out by an extremely demanding day job, I haven't been as regular with my daily practices as I should.

I've found the way that works best for me under the current circumstances . . . as my life goes into other phases, that will change again, so I'll adapt again. 

I also change, so I've found using mudras and Enochian sigils works for me well now, whereas they haven't when I've tried them a few times previously. (Alternate nostril breathing, on the other hand, still works well for me, as it has all my life.)

In any case, I need to have an almost military discipline with some of the basics. 

That reminds me of a comment I read a few years ago: many people seeking to achieve serious self improvement through meditation (including those who want enlightenment) are prepared to do many things . . . except what often matters most of all: practice until you're bored beyond belief, and then keep going. 

If you want a break from the boredom, then I'd suggest you consider this book. 

I'm also going to have a look at Mr Miller's other books.