Saturday 27 February 2021

Post No. 1,781 - Interesting Reading/Viewing and Posts from my Other Blogs / YouTube Channel

Just a short post, this week. 

A continuing question and other matters:

Hey @TheElders and @AfricanUnion, given the widespread suffering, are you going to do anything for Uganda this year?   @amnesty   #SaveUganda   #StandwithUganda   

@MarisePayne   @SenatorWong For decency's sake, sanction the genocidaires who committed the coup in Myanmar and stop our military aid. #SaveMyanmar   #SaveBurma   

Save Salla 2032 https://youtu.be/sSZSrjmmSIo   #savesalla   #Salla2032   

NoBeijing22   

 

This week I have made the following posts on my other blogs:

Political Musings of Kayleen:

  • Some comments about the coup in Burma
    As a first point, my understanding is that it is the military, or Tatmadaw as they are known, who are pushing the use of Myanmar. The world agreed to use the word after the sham agreement to what I term a 49% democracy - a situation where the military had a guaranteed 25% of seats in Parliament, guaranteed key Ministerial positions, and had shut Aung San Suu Kyi out of any significant governmental position.
    No, the military had fairly good deal in many ways (as opposed to the people of Burma) - so it is surprising (to me - not others) that they have now committed a coup, but they may have been encouraged by what had happened in Thailand a few years earlier:
     . . .
  • An update on the registration of engineers
    I started this post quite some time ago, but was waylaid by life - fortunately, as it turned out.
    I wrote to my local Member of (state) Parliament (technically my Member of the Legislative Assembly, or MLA) on this; they forwarded my email to the relevant Minister, who has now replied,
     . . .
If I make a YouTube post on random thoughts, I will embed it below:



 

 

My online candles blog:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday,
(these candles are the “lite” substitute for my former news posts).