Wednesday 22 May 2024

Post No. 2,786 - Ancestor work

I recently watched one of the Activist Witch’s YouTube videos (probably this one), and afterwards felt I should do some ancestor work - which I hadn't done for some time. 

I was feeling a little guilty about that - in particular, I felt I should have been doing some ancestor work regarding my Indigenous heritage (I had been focused on trying to establish physical connections). As a result, I expected to be berated in some way - possibly because of my white settler heritage (although some of those were renowned for being good with Indigenous people)

Well ... what I was told off about was not more actively and proudly claiming my Indigenous heritage. 

Oops. 

And hence ... the poem   Separation,   updating my “About Me” page,   and this post. 

I cannot talk about Indigenous culture - although there are some truly excellent teachers on that, and I know what they have taught me, but I can talk about my feelings, the reality of that part of my heritage, and ... the fact that I have been robbed of an important part of my life. 

To some extent, I have written about that in various places. 

The important perspective that was emphasised in that meditation is that my people - and all Indigenous people - have also been robbed. Robbed of what I and others could have contributed. 

Even robbed of the ability to claim and use the accomplishments of lost ones such as myself - and, from a mainstream point of view, I have had what many would consider a successful life, thereby debunking all aspects of discrimination based on alleged lack of ability.

I have more to think on with this. 


PS - Stan  Grant's books are also an excellent source of thoughtful, thought-provoking material that is often relevant to this. See also here, and here & here.


If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram

Note that I am cutting back on aspects of my posts - see here

Remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, to mind our Mӕgan, and to acknowledge that all misgendering is an act of active transphobia/transmisia that puts trans+ lives at risk & accept that all insistence on the use of “trans” as a descriptor comes with commensurate use of “cis” as a descriptor to prevent “othering” (just as binary gendered [men’s and women’s] sporting teams are either both given the gender descriptor, or neither).

Copyright © Kayleen White 2007-2024     NO AI   I do not consent to any machine learning aka Artificial Intelligence (AI), generative AI, large language model, machine learning, chatbot, or other automated analysis, generative process, or replication program to reproduce, mimic, remix, summarise, or otherwise  replicate any part of this post or other posts on this blog via any means. Typos may be inserrted deliberately to demonstrate this is not an AI product.     Otherwise, fair and reasonable use is accepted under Creative Commons 4.0 on an Attribution-ShareAlike basis https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/