Saturday 6 November 2010

Post No. 166 - Side benefits of trees

I've posted before about trees (for instance, here, and here, where I touch upon forest bathing). I love trees, and have often described them as light-pumps -they bring spiritual energies into this physical level of reality.

In fact, contact with either trees in wild places or untamed water (e.g. bays or oceans or rivers, but not artificial reservoirs) is one of the ways I cope with having four million mostly leaky auras around me, which is a consequence of living in an inner, northern suburb of Melbourne. [1]

But it appears there may well be other benefits from living with trees. An article on a news site in the US state of Oregon (a state sharing its named with a type of tree that is very useful for boat building [2]), "KTVZ", reports that "Researchers with the U.S. Forest Service's Pacific Northwest and Southern Research Stations" have found that, "[a]long with energy conservation and storm-water reduction", large trees also have the benefit of deterring crime. They atribute this to a pereception of the homes being better cared for. Personally, i think it was because of the trees positive energies ...

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

Notes:
  1. One of the topics that tends to be discussed in some spiritual circles (particularly, in my experience, in Buddhist circles) is whether to "engage" with the world (i.e. live amongst people and live a full life and still be spiritual), or whether to "withdraw" from the world (i.e. live to hermit, to some degree). My views on this tend towards favouring engaging with the world, on the grounds that one should be capable of being spiritual in all circumstances, but I acknowledge there are times when people may need a period of time (perhaps a couple of lifetimes, which is - in the evolution of the soul - just "a period of time") to either focus on developing their spiritual strengths or particular skills, or simply to have a rest.

    The biggest problem I have with this debate, however, is the presumption that living what most people consider to be a "hermit" lifestyle means one has withdrawn from the world. I would love to be able to live a quiet life in the countryside (or on a boat, as I have done in the past) so I could actually BETTER engage with the world - do more, from a psychic and other spiritual points of view, for the world at large, rather than have to put so much energy into simply living and coping.

    Ah well, obviously have some purpose or reason for not being able to do so yet - maybe negative karma I am paying off, eh? :)

    Oh, and to get contact with such wild places from where I leave, I have to leave the city ...
  2. Although the yanks seem to call this tree "Douglas fir".

This post's photo is yet to be posted.

Tags: trees, forest, hermit, lifestyles, protection, regeneration, coping,

First published: Saturday 6th November, 2010

Last edited: Saturday 6th November, 2010