Saturday 13 March 2021

Post No. 1,794 - Interesting Reading/Viewing and Posts from my Other Blogs / YouTube Channel

A continuing question and other matters:

Hey @TheElders and @AfricanUnion, given the widespread suffering, are you going to do anything for Uganda this year?   @amnesty   #SaveUganda   #StandwithUganda   

Save Salla 2032 https://youtu.be/sSZSrjmmSIo   #savesalla   #Salla2032   

NoBeijing22   

 

This week I have made the following posts on my other blogs:

Political Musings of Kayleen:

  • The social engineering actively performed by social/political elites
    One of the criticisms of progressivism that I've often experienced is that it is "social engineering". I've always responded that no, it's not - it is in fact, undoing the social engineering of the rich and/or powerful elites in society. Well, further to that, the revelations of the current scandal over political culture - which I've included in my recent news post (see below) - only confirm my PoV: as long as such institutions have existed, the ruling class have been actively performing social engineering.
    My question is: why have so many people gone along with this without complaint or even question? Are they too blind to notice, too intimidated or duped to speak out, or too unthinking to notice the harm being done? They are certainly uncaring and irresponsible - this social conditioning does massive harm to their children, society, and the future, and always has.
     . . .
  • Inter-personal / personality politics in the office
    One of the unfortunate things I've noticed about working in an office is the extent of inter-personal / personality politics - which is the aspect of my professional career that I have handled worst (and have least interest in "handling").
    As an example, when I started work at one company, . . .
    This has happened on around a dozen matters (at least) in engineering, and many others outside of engineering, and I am quite tired of people's duplicity / lack of self awareness / immaturity / selfishness / jealousy / etc.
    It does also show, in my opinion, one group of the flaws of the competitive-capitalist-systems that so many people are addicted to (quite possibly because they still crave parental approval).
     . . .
  • From history - an early outcome of women’s suffrage in the USA: reduced infant mortality
    When recently watching this YouTube video, I found that the first woman elected to the US Congress (Jeannette Rankin) was instrumental in helping to obtain federal funding for education and health centres which helped reduce infant mortality in the USA.
     . . .
  • From Uni: a story about sexism
    I went to a somewhat provincial Uni in the late 70s. On one occasion, someone - a male - I knew as an acquaintance made a crack about a woman
     . . .
    I replied that I was making a point - which was a point about the objectification and denigration of women, although I didn't have those words. I also could have worded my comment better, but I was young and lacked the gift of the gab - and was somewhat overwhelmed by irritation at his sexist hypocrisy and blindness.
     . . .
Musings of Kayleen:


If I make any YouTube posts, I will embed them below:

 

 

Interesting reading / viewing / sites this week:


My online candles blog: