Sunday 14 March 2021

Post No. 1,795 - Dowsing The World’s Psychic Weather - Water: Lesson Six - The Basics of Dowsing

There are a number of ways of thinking about / “understanding” dowsing. This is what works for me, but you should read, research, and ponder until you have found what works best for you.

Then, when you have done that, remember that what works for you may not work for others, so don’t ram your preferences down others throats as a universal “law”.

  • nonphysical energies and sensing are real, and, just as our eyes don’t have to “touch” something to see it, so too do our nonphysical senses enable perception at a distance;
  • there are a wide number of resonant effects that enhance that - for instance, we are 70% water, and thus are liable to the sorts of effects that Lyall Watson describe in “Supernature” (Lyall  Watson in “Supernature”, e-book loc. 1651; pub. Sceptre, 1989 [first printing 1986; first pub. Hodder and Stoughton, 1973; first pub. in paperback Coronet, 1974], ISBN 0 340 40429);
  • we are comprised of multiple levels of consciousness, and our “unconscious” may have greater psychic sensitivity than our conscious;
  • tools exist that may help bring to our conscious level an enhanced understanding of nonphysical energies/effects, including dowsing with a pendulum (or other tools);
  • the pendulum acts like an antenna, and, as with an antenna, may require “tuning” - e.g., type of pendulum, type of cord, length of cord, possibly include a sample of what you’re looking for in the pendulum (NOT for this type of work done for PWRs);
  • to use a pendulum, I:

o   establish and check  protection;

o   make sure the pendulum is in an appropriate (good) energy state (I use a crystal, so this is applicable) and ask if it is ready to do this type of work (if no, discuss, find another crystal, or don’t try to do the work there and then);

o   sit comfortably;

o   hold the cord of the pendulum in the fingers of one hand (thumb and forefinger work best for me, and I have formed the habit of using my right hand, but that is not essential - in fact, if I was learning from scratch again, I would try both hands to see if one works best in particular situations /whether I could be ambidextrous / etc);

o   extend my arm more or less horizontally from my shoulder, bending it so my hand is in front of me;

o   with my other hand, point to a particular region on the map I am going to be creating the PWR on, and mentally ask the pendulum “as is for the HSG, what is the number [I’ve pre-defined the range] that best indicates the overall non-physical X [I do this once for BPM energy, and once for nonBPM energy] energy in this region?”;

o   the pendulum will then begin swinging towards a number on a circle, like the dowsing pad described here.

A few supplementary points:

  • I know that I am moving the crystal - my unconscious is exerting an influence over the muscles of my arm that creates movement, sometimes so subtle that I would struggle to re-create it myself, but it is my more in-tune unconscious that is detecting - possibly with the aid of my BPM Guides - and then indicating the energetic state;
  • because of the key role my unconscious plays in this, I must be in a good state of being, or this will all be inaccurate rubbish. Meditation, colour and alternate nostril breathing helps me ensure I am in a suitable state, but sometimes life events make that impossible - and you will note I have not always done a PWR each week (this is one of the other advantages of having a large group of dowsers working on this - even if a few are unable to work, others will be, and thus (a) the PWR work continues, and (b) those who need to exercise self-care do;
  • I am aware that sometimes the number given is what will actually lead me to focus on the area that most needs help in the coming week, rather than a true and accurate measurement of energy. As the energy work to address the PWR is actually the key part of this work, I don’t have a problem with that;
  • I’ve also developed a technique where I use a spherical green crystal (I’m deliberately not naming the type so people will focus on individual crystals if they do something similar, rather than assuming all crystals of the same type work the same) in the hand I point with to boost the idea of connecting to the world, and parts on it. That works for me, but that doesn’t mean it is needed for anyone else.

Past Lessons

Earth: First principles:

·         Lesson 01: Introduction, and the reality of psychic sensing;

·         Lesson 02: Overcoming Personal Blocks;

·         Lesson 03: Considerations around Tools;

·         Lesson 04: Interferences;

·         Lesson 05: Technique / Technical Issues;