Wednesday 28 August 2013

Post No. 466 - Protecting my life

Where do I begin?

Well, the trials in my life are continuing. What is most obvious are health problems - mainly, a bug which my also-suffering-the-bug beloved may have caught on a long plane trip. I wound up taking a week of work, which makes this the most unwell I have been in around four decades [3] . But it goes further than that, and this is where I start to get into indirect psychic attack, and more specifically, jealousy and the Tall Poppy Syndrome (TPS).

My first experience of the power of psychic attack came in my early 20s, when someone, jealous of perceived attributes of mine, launched an unskilled rage of emotions at me, leaving me dangerously short of breath in the middle of the night. Fortunately, I had read a little, and knew to draw pentagrams to the four directions, which gave me back my breath. We maintained our connection, by the way: the person concerned was completely unaware of what he had done, and deserved compassion, not anger or hate. Obviously I’m limiting what I write here: partly that’s out of respect for the person’s privacy, although we lost contact when I moved down south, partly it’s because I can’t be bothered, partly it’s because there are other writings about psychic attack (including examples - for instance, Dion Fortune’s writings about her experiences of psychic attack, which led her to leave a particular group - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dion_Fortune#Lectures, for instance [4] ) and largely it’s because this problem can crop up over some small, unexpected issues - it’s not just about people who are either genuinely or seemingly “better”, or luckier, or gifted, some strange things can be the trigger for such problems … things that sometimes have their origins in past life interactions. It can be quite unsettling when someone you think is “better” than you in some way suddenly indulges in a fit of jealousy like this!

Subsequently, when I did my intense training in the 80s, I learned a great deal more about the subtleties of psychic attack. I have written about this elsewhere [5], and many others have as well - including probably every person who has written about psychic protection.

The problem is that all this focuses on protection of the immediate person - closing one’s aura, grounding, etc. This is all vitally necessary and valid, but it doesn’t cover the need to also protect the people about oneself who are close.

The key to indirect psychic attack is to use a way of getting at someone that is available. Hence, for instance, if you have excellent personal psychic protection that cannot be breached by an attacker (whether they are doing so consciously or subconsciously is irrelevant), then they may do something against someone you care about. This may distract you from what you are trying to do, cause you to become upset (understandably!), or cause drains on your time and energy that lead to your protection slipping - to choose just a few of the less severe outcomes.

What is the solution?

Well, extend your protection work to those you care about.

Probably 90 - 95% (that is a genuine estimate) of my “personal” protective work is aimed at protecting those I care about. It doesn’t always work - they have free will, karma, and lessons to be learned, and that can lead to some unpleasant experiences all round, even WITHOUT any psychic attack, but at least it reduces such problems and limits them (hopefully!) to what is meant to be experienced for the Highest Spiritual Good.

This extent of work can be very demanding and draining, as well as consuming a lot of time - and, on top of the demands of trying to protect myself against four million leaky auras and cope with a demanding and stressful day job, can leave me grumpy, tired and susceptible to psychic attack and illness. It is also very easy to become resentful of those who are blithely coasting by one's efforts, but fortunately I don’t have many unaware people in my lives these days - and, when it was an issue in the ast, I used my past lives to remind me I was there once too, as I wrote about in my previous blog post. [6]

Oh - I extend this to two or three degrees of separation - that is, I aim to protect (within the limits of free will, Highest Spiritual Good, karma, and my strength and abilities) my Significant Others’ Significant Others, and some of their Significant Others.

And, of course, establishing psychic protection includes plugging your inks (psychic connections) to other creatures/places/ideas/things/etc so that no negative energy leaks out of you.

This is all - in my view - basic, but now I have learned to take this “up a notch”: as well as protecting myself and those around me, I am also going to start protecting my life, as a direction/concept, from attack/interference. It’s quite difficult to take the concept from my meditation and put it into words, but I might one day - maybe when I do a workshop on psychic protection … which I’ve only been planning to do for twenty something years now :)

This is something that is more of an issue now in particular, as I am going to get a space to start working in again, after a necessary hiatus of some years, and I will need to make sure that I and those about me are well protected from anything or anyone that gets irritated by my work :)

Well, time to get to doing some work for the evening.

[3] I’ve dragged myself off to work these last two days, though. Apart from not being contagious, I’m the sole source of income, and there is a limit to which I am prepared to jeopardise my family’s income (by risking running out of sick leave either now or on some future occasion). On that, it would actually be far more useful for those who accuse people who go to work when they are ill to focus on the workplace culture and security of employment risks that drive most people - in my experience - to go to work when they are unwell, rather than to make simplistic accusations of selfishness - which I suspect have an element of blaming the victim in them (“if they’re sick it’s their fault”).

[4] Interestingly, when I was researching this link, I came across the following Fortean Times article: http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/4435/the_magical_battle_of_britain.html. One of the things that was interesting about this was that it took the line that all talk of psychic attack is rubbish. Well, such people need to keep in mind that, while we may not all be one on this level of reality, we are creatures of energy that are connected to other creatures/places/ideas/things/etc, who are also connected to other creatures/places/ideas/things/etc, who are also connected to other creatures/places/ideas/things/etc, etc, etc, etc. In other words, we all affect, and are affected by, the rest of reality.

Whether that effect is due to simple disharmony (which does exist, both on this level of reality and others), or unskilled/unintended psychic attack, or the very rare deliberate, skilled and malicious psychic attack, the negative effects are real, and you would have to be an absolute idiot to try to kid yourself that they don’t, or can be explained away by some “nice” view of reality.

It’s also rather disheartening to realise how many avid peace advocates are actually driven by unrecognised, unacknowledged warfare and violence in their own past (past lives, that is). It’s a bit lie the stereotypical passion for not smoking of those who have given up smoking.

Fortunately, I know some former smokers who are not so rabid about smoking, and some formerly violent people who have a sensible, balanced attitude now.

(Oh, and then there’s the topic of verbal and emotional violence … )

[5] See http://regression-rescue.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/techical-skills-development-overview.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-anaology-for-consideration-of-evil.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/handling-sceptics.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2011/11/well-its-war-jim-but-not-as-we-know-it.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2011/10/asking-for-protection.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2011/09/psychic-attack.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2011/09/illness-and-spiritual-inflammation-and.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2011/03/want-to-be-knight-in-shining-armour.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2011/01/possession.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2010/12/being-attacked-psychically-happier.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2010/10/aussie-pubs.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com.au/2010/01/disrespect-was-going-to-be-privilege.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2009/12/perils-of-litha-and-blessing-of-trees.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2009/12/shades-of-exorcism.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2009/12/new-visualisation-for-dealing-with.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2009/06/middle-ages-and-todays-psychic-sewers.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com.au/2008/07/ive-been-making-few-decisions-lately.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2008/07/psychic-attack-being-caught-out.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2008/03/know-thyself-be-thyself-and-occlumency.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2008/01/evil.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2007/11/protection.html, http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2007/06/psychic-attack-energy-protection-and.html.

[6] See http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/warning-warning-warning-major-vent-rant.html  



[1] BPF = Balanced Positive (spiritual) Forces. See here and here for more on this.

[2] Please see here and my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia. I'm also exploring use of h2g2, although that doesn't appear to be as extensive (h2g2 is intended - rather engagingly - to be the Earth edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy")

Love, light, hugs and blessings


Gnwmythr 
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux?)

My "blogiography" (list of all posts - currently not up to date) is here.  

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ...  See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "pagans for peace" project, and here for my bindrune kit-bag.
  • One size does NOT fit all. 
  • May the world of commerce and business be recognised to be a servant, not a master, of the lives of people.
  • A home is for living in, not feeling, becoming or being rich or a “better” class than others.
  • The secret to being (financially) rich is not to have lots of money: it is to have an income above the poverty line, and then make whatever sacrifices are necessary in order to live within 90% of your means.  
  • Like fire to the physical, emotions to the soul make a good servant, and a bad master. 
  • Armageddon is alive and well and happening right now: it is a battle between the indolence of "I only ..." and/or "I just ..." and/or "Everyone knows ... " and what Bruce Schneier [2] calls "security theatre" on one side, and perspicacity and the understanding that the means shape the end on the other. 
  • The means shape the end.  
  • Sometimes you just can't argue with a biped that is armed with a sharp stick, a thick head and not too much in the way of grunts.
  • Spiritual love is far more than just an emotion - it is a concept, thoughts, actions and a way of living. 
  • One of the basics of serious spiritual / psychic work is that the greatest work is that which we do on ourself, which seems trivial to many. Our own Innermost Essence, which is our Higher Self / Soul / Spirit, has the power to do so much, and is actively participating in the creation and sustenance of this physical reality. Some mote of our conscious or unconscious knows that, which is why we seem inclined to be dismissive of Self Mastery - which is a bit like the child who sees an adult spending money to buy toys, and fails to recognise the daily grind of work which has led to having the money. 
  • My favourite action movie of all time is "Gandhi". However, I loathe the stereotypical action movie - and, for similar reasons, I loathe many dramas, which are often emotionally violent, more so in some cases than many war films.
Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger [people]. JOHN F. KENNEDY 

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good [people] to do nothing. (based on writing by) EDMUND BURKE

Your children are not your children. ... They come through you but ... they belong not to you ... for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow KAHLIL GIBRAN

We didn't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we only borrowed it from our children ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.


True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar; it is not haphazard and superficial. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

Those whom we cannot stand are usually those who we cannot understand P.K.SHAW


Few men are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their colleagues, and the wrath of their society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality for those who seek to change a world which yields most painfully to change." SENATOR ROBERT F. KENNEDY (US Attorney General 1966 Speech)

People I'm currently following or reading, or have considerable respect for, include:
You can find news sources I use here

Tags: energy work, indirect psychic attack, links, personal responsibility, Psychic attack, 

First published: Wodansdagr, 28th August, 2013

Last edited: Wednesday, 28th August, 2013