Saturday 24 December 2022

Post No. 2,334 - An Oath of Service that I approve of

One of the features of many occult/psychic/spiritual service groups is some sort of oath to be taken upon joining. A lot of these - especially the ones from times in history when such work was banned - have a tendency towards being melodramatic, or focused on a hierarchy (either physical or spiritual - doesnt matter, it is still a hierarchy) of some sort, or with flaws such as a limited focus or bigotry (especially white supremacism), or wrong priorities (such as neglecting ones family), or expectation of payment of up to 10% of income (seriously - and that was the first secret society I declined to join, back in the early 80s).

Well, half a century after starting in earnest upon a path of spiritual and psychic service, I have finally found an Oath I approve of - one that is focused on what matters: Life.

I'm not doing this as a review of the books so I don't feel comfortable copying it here, but the Oath can be found here, and is from the first  book of Diane  Duanes The  Young  Wizardsseries.

I have added it to my daily prayers.


PS - I am enjoying the book, by the way. Seems quite good for young adults.


If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below.
I am on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/Gnwmythr.

Finally, remember: we need to be more human being rather than human doing.