Wednesday 12 June 2024

Post No. 2,807 - An update on trying to do YouTube videos

I recently wrote about resuming trying to do YouTube videos, with my first of the new videos being here

Ive now been able to assess the effort required to do this, and compare it against the rewards, and have decided to discontinue it. 

As Jessica Wildfire recently wrote in an email to subscribers (or words to this effect), if ones skill and instincts dont lie with video communication but rather written, better to leave the video and pursue the written - and my expertise, interest, and joy lies with the written form of communication.

That isnt the case with others, however, and the two rewards to come out of this are: 

  • the encouragement it has given someone close to me to consider doing these (and audio/video forms of communication suit that person very well); and 
  • that I have resumed sketching (when I prepared a new background for the video currently underway).

It can be interesting - to me, at any rate - that the things we do are not necessarily done for the reasons we think we are doing them. The two reasons I have given above are, in my opinion, valid enough reasons for my Higher Self / BPM  Guides to get me back into having another go at these - and ... this time I am stopping entirely for my own reasons, not because of others actions (i.e., the concerns I [still] have over some of YouTubes rules [some of their rules are also excellent])

Ill finish the one video I have “in production” *eye roll* in due course, but it is not time dependent, so I will slot it in to an appropriate (low) priority in my life - and I will continue to admire the hidden skills of those YT creators I follow.


 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram

Note that I am cutting back on aspects of my posts - see here

Remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, to mind our Mӕgan, and to acknowledge that all misgendering is an act of active transphobia/transmisia that puts trans+ lives at risk & accept that all insistence on the use of “trans” as a descriptor comes with commensurate use of “cis” as a descriptor to prevent “othering” (just as binary gendered [men’s and women’s] sporting teams are either both given the gender descriptor, or neither).

Copyright © Kayleen White 2007-2024     NO AI   I do not consent to any machine learning aka Artificial Intelligence (AI), generative AI, large language model, machine learning, chatbot, or other automated analysis, generative process, or replication program to reproduce, mimic, remix, summarise, or otherwise  replicate any part of this post or other posts on this blog via any means. Typos may be inserrted deliberately to demonstrate this is not an AI product.     Otherwise, fair and reasonable use is accepted under Creative Commons 4.0 on an Attribution-ShareAlike basis https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/