Friday 14 June 2024

Post No. 2,808 - The problem of enabling or allowing/tolerating abusers [Content Warning - discussion of abuse, trauma]

Note: CONTENT WARNING - some of this content is about upsetting, disturbing or triggering events & attitudes. Seek competent help - including professional - if you need it. READER CAUTION IS RECOMMENDED! For anyone distressed by anything in this post, or for any other reason considering seeking support, resources are available in Australia here, here, and here. In other nations, you will have to do an Internet search using terms such as mental health support - <your nation>(which, for instance, may lead to this, this, and this, in the USA, or this, this, and this, in France [biased towards English-language - my apologies]), or perhaps try https://www.befrienders.org/

 

Those bigots who have snowflake reactions to progressive change and are often given the euphemism “conservative” have had an outsized and ultra-destructive influence on society. 

I have written elsewhere about their psychological flaws, and there are a few links below, but I want to cover two specific examples of the massive harm those people are doing.

The first is from the wonderful Purple Ella YouTube channel, and warns of the risks if a transphobic government is elected in the UK: 

“Transgender Policy Change UK (Conservatives) #politics”   https://youtube.com/shorts/FrO96oBxUCU?si=F1y_mZtUioVaYoDj     

And make no mistake about that:   transphobia kills, and the gender flat earthers who are anti-trans rights are killing people - including trans children - even if officialdom is behind the times and doesnt support that or even want to get evidence on it yet. 

Transphobia is on a par with white supremacism, femicide, and other violent forms of bigotry. 

The other is online groups. I have, over the last few weeks, watched two, maybe three (there were a lot of false identities being used by at least one of the trolls), trolls deliberately and maliciously destroy a community venture - an online group. Yes, there were shortcomings with the establishment of the group, but there was no need to use those to commit attacks that have been blatant bigotry (including of the snowflake gender flat earther variety, as well as vile misogyny) and, of late, defamatory (including allegations of child abuse) and, if the group was being hosted in Australia, in breach of laws banning “use of a carriage service to threaten, harass or intimidate”

Some brave and capable people are working to rescue the group and get it re-established on a better platform (now successfully done) - one that has rules against hate speech, false identities, etc, but enormous damage has already been done. 

People have been driven away from the venture, and probably are now wary of ever being involved with anything like that again. 

I know I’m wary - and not certain that I will re-join at the new site (subsequent excellent actions by the moderators mean I have rejoined at the new site, but I needed a break for a while)

I have also decided to let trying to be a part of livestream events on YouTube a miss, as, unless they are well moderated, they are also plagued by trolls.

I’m inclined to say something along the lines of “well done trolls - you win”, but the problem is politicians who won’t take action for fear of losing votes ... so ... maybe it should be: 

“well done cowards and snowflakes - you win, and have put us back to the middle ages”

And that applies to everyone who supports them - including those who vote for the dangerous climate flat earthers ... 

You are going so far as to put the survival of the human species at risk because of your mental rigidity and emotional incompetence.

 

PS - this shows that all human groups have flaws - some people who are exceptionally good, and some that are exceptionally bad. This has left me more determined that ever to live up to the values I include at the start of almost every online candle that I post:

“In Life’s name, and for Life’s sake, I say that I will use the Art for nothing but the service of that Life. I will guard growth and ease pain. I will fight to preserve what grows and lives well in its own way; and I will change no object or creature unless its growth and life, or that of the system of which it is part, are threatened. To these ends, in the practice of my Art, I will put aside fear for courage, and death for life, when it is right to do so - till Universe’s end.”

From the “Young  Wizardsseries by Diane  Duane

Warrior born am I;   Warrior of Life and BPM  Clear  Light I choose to be, and exercise my Fierceness in contests to support Life and BPM  Clear  Light.

May I, on all levels of my being down to my very cells’ DNA, molecules and atoms, manifest and facilitate spiritually mature love, peace, joy, honour and respect.
May I be kind, gentle and generous.
May I be unflappable, unsilenceable, and relentlessly undefeatable.
May I be me.
Child of the stars, daughter of Earth, I am Gnwmythr - shamaness, healer and Priestess of Light.  

MNTBRKNGHSP 

BTDSRYNPM

“Kunga dulgo dulgo bujera gumera kurrullbungil karulbo. Durungul.”
“Yindyamarra winhanganya”
Ngumbaadyil

Metta / Maitrī (loving-kindness),   Karuṇā (compassion),   Muditā (appreciative joy),   Uppekha / Upekṣā (equanimity),   

In the service of life, ...


Those links I mentioned are



If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram

Note that I am cutting back on aspects of my posts - see here

Remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, to mind our Mӕgan, and to acknowledge that all misgendering is an act of active transphobia/transmisia that puts trans+ lives at risk & accept that all insistence on the use of “trans” as a descriptor comes with commensurate use of “cis” as a descriptor to prevent “othering” (just as binary gendered [men’s and women’s] sporting teams are either both given the gender descriptor, or neither).

Copyright © Kayleen White 2007-2024     NO AI   I do not consent to any machine learning aka Artificial Intelligence (AI), generative AI, large language model, machine learning, chatbot, or other automated analysis, generative process, or replication program to reproduce, mimic, remix, summarise, or otherwise  replicate any part of this post or other posts on this blog via any means. Typos may be inserrted deliberately to demonstrate this is not an AI product.     Otherwise, fair and reasonable use is accepted under Creative Commons 4.0 on an Attribution-ShareAlike basis https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/