Friday 10 December 2010

Post No. 187 - 'tis the season to be ... run down.

Now, if I move away from "run down" in the sense of "exhausted", which applies to me because of the workload of my day job these last few months, I would like to talk about "run down" in the sense of ... run down - by a car.

I have been appalled these last couple of weeks by the number of idiot pedestrians I am encountering. I am tempted to quip that it's a case of people feeling "happy and pretty and flirty so the laws of physics no longer apply to drivers who are anywhere near me" - but that is exacty how it seems to be.

We're moving into summer, close to holidays for many, and people are allowing their good mood to override their common sense (or maybe self discipline? adult-ness?) and casually walking out from one road-side drinking hole to cross the road to another on the other side of the road. Last night there was, in the worst example of this, a group of about eight women, all in after-five attire, lined up along the centre white line of a road, giggling as cars passed by on both sides - but there were others, including men, lest anyone think this is solely a female phenomenon.

I'm struggling to find the right words for this. It is a form of self absorption, or excessive self focus, where one's desires (and needs) are placed ahead of comon sense. Maybe it is a sad reflection of the desperation and unhappiness in those people's lives, that they find they "need" to place the quest for hapiness above practical common sense. Perhaps in the days of "cave-people" (figuratively speaking here!) it was a case of flirting and joiking and ignoring the nearby saber toothed cat ...

In either case, it can have physical repercussions. At least these days, just after work most drivers are sober enough to dodge the idiots (especially with random breath testing for alcohol - which I support), but as we move towards the end of the year, sadly that won't always be the case.

In a psychic sense, I find - throughout the year - that many people will forget (if they know in the first place!) about such fundamental things as grounding and shielding ("closing the aura", or "shutting down the chakras", as some would term it - the latter not being quite what I am writing about as soon as someone says "party".

You know, you can have fun and be responsible too ... and now I will take off my Junior Goddess of Earnestness Mask, and go have a responsible Bex and a responsible Lie-Down :)

Please enjoy the festive season SAFELY.

BTW, here's a link to an news item about one of the other problems that happens at this time of year, one about more general problems and one of my previous annual rants about this time of year ...

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Ms Grinch

This post's photo is yet to be posted.

Tags: attitudes, irresponsibility, emotions, needs,

First published: Friday 10th December, 2010

Last edited: Friday 10th December, 2010