Monday 8 January 2024

Post No. 2,685 - Recovering from a corporate life - Episode 25: going free range - NOT scheduling time

For anyone distressed by anything in this post, or for any other reason considering seeking support, resources are available in Australia here, here, and here. In other nations, you will have to do an Internet search using terms such as mental health support - <your nation>(which, for instance, may lead to this, this, and this, in the USA, or this, this, and this, in France [biased towards English-language - my apologies]), or perhaps try https://www.befrienders.org/.  

Posts in this series are now listed at https://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/p/recovering-from-corporate-life.html

PS - expect these to be eddited fairly often. Writing these is part of the healing process, and will bring up more insights,etc.

One of the things I am currently unlearning is scheduling - NOT having time organised. 

After half a century of having to be highly organised, I was continuing that by, for instance, planning certain forms of exercise and activities in the morning - which was, at  a subconscious level, triggering my work mindset.

What I need to do is have time where I do nothing, time where I have not planned to do stuff, but can sit and, for instance, listen to the rain.

Where I do have to do things, I am shifting towards “I’ll get that done some time today”, rather than I’ll do that at (around) 7am, or maybe within an hour or so of that.

Since I’ve done that, I have found I now feel more retired. 

I’m still active - particularly mentally, but I am doing things when I get to them, and having more time to just be, and I am breaking that unconscious mental association with corporate life. 

 

PS - this is a variation on Episode 3 (learning to do nothing), in that I am not scheduling time to do nothing, in a sense - nor am I spontaneously (i.e., without scheduling) doing things: I am spontaneously NOT doing things ...


Blessed be.


I am writing this series in the hope that it will contribute to a better understanding - or at least better research into the effects of - the so-called developed world’s economic systems - which are based on the world-destroying amathia of perpetual growth, and patriarchal oligarchical capitalism expressed as often expressed corporatism and neoliberalism.

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram

Remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, to mind our Mӕgan, and to acknowledge that all misgendering is an act of active transphobia/transmisia that puts trans+ lives at risk.

Copyright © Kayleen White 2007-2024     NO AI   I do not consent to any machine learning aka Artificial Intelligence (AI), generative AI, large language model, machine learning, chatbot, or other automated analysis, generative process, or replication program to reproduce, mimic, remix, summarise, or otherwise  replicate any part of this post or other posts on this blog via any means. Typos may be inserrted deliberately to demonstrate this is not an AI product.     Otherwise, fair and reasonable use is accepted under Creative Commons 4.0 on an Attribution-ShareAlike basis https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/