Saturday 9 September 2023

Post No. 2,581 - Psychic Weather Reports: a Review

I have been doing my Psychic Weather Reports for nine years this month. 

Around 360 numbered PWRs (there were a few I didnt number that I should have, but I havent quite got to the same end of the month, so around 360 will do - and all pedants can shove off) in nine years is around 40 per year. 

Thats around 77% completed - which is lower than I was hoping to do, but there have been major family illnesses (including mine), pandemic, work issues, and so on, so realistically, thats probably not too bad.

No, I dont sound very convinced on that, do I? 

That is, however, one of the reasons I always wanted to have this work done by more than one person. I nominally plucked a figure of 1,000 out of the air when setting a target, but I could probably do some calculations on this. 

So, first off, my target was 1,500 in 30 years. Lets turn that into missing only one in 30 years, or 1 in 1,560 (7 ½ leap years but they only add a day to each year).

77% complete means I basically have a 23% chance of missing the completion target. 

So ... how many people would be needed to reduce the chance of missing the target of 1 in 1,560? 

The answer is ... six. 

 

So six people working at the intensity I have would probably meet the completion target. 

But I dont want people to work at the same intensity I have ... maybe a third would be sustainable, so ... 18. 

But some people - not all - have kids and other family commitments, so ... maybe 25 - 30? 

What would also help is separating the dowsing from the map preparation and analysis, so ... 25 - 30 dowsers and 5 or so doing analysis and mapping. 

In fact, lets say: 

  • 25 - 30 dowsers; 
  • 5 analysing the dowsing results; 
  • 5 doing the mapping.

35 - 40 people would make doing the PWRs a sustainable proposition - although there would have to be a way of changing people over time. 

In fact, with intelligent cooperation and good will, that could probably be reduced - many times I just needed a break for a couple of weeks and then I would have been able to keep going at my previous intensity.  

However, this is a simplified analysis that assumes the non-availabilities do not coincide - which is reasonable in the case of personal events such as family illnesses, but not larger events such as pandemics. 

Nevertheless, it is interesting food for thought ... 

Anyone want to have a go? 

PS - there is no reason you can't get a local group going doing this - ideally, at least six people for each of the tasks above (which I normally do on a Sunday, with the work done Mon-Fri, but you don't have to follow that pattern), and at least 8 meditating each day during the week. Any number more than one makes the task easier.

(I've ruled the local dowsing group in my home city out: signs of spiritual bypassing/toxic positivity, and their wishy-washy attitude towards the Voice is not suggestive of a support for human rights / progressivism.)


If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram and Mastodon

Vote Yes for the Voice in Australia - see this backgrounder.  

Finally, remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, and to mind our Mӕgan.