Sunday 17 September 2023

Post No. 2,587 - Recovering from a corporate life - Episode 16: The emergence of what has been suppressed

Posts in this series are now listed at https://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/p/recovering-from-corporate-life.html

PS - expect these to be edited fairly often. Writing these is part of the healing process, and will bring up more insights,etc. 
PPS - I cut up my membership and certification cards today. They didn't mean anything, as my memberships ended months ago, so no-one else could use them in any official capacity, but this way, no one can use them even if they stole them (which is unlikely), and there was a sense of closure for in that small act. 

What has been notable in this last week is that everything I have bottled up - all the times I “bit my lip” to keep my job for the sake of my family, all the times I stopped trying to change things because it would have imperilled my job, all the abuse I didnt respond to, all the attempts to change things that didnt succeed, the pain of people I knew dying, the stresses of high workload and intensity, etc, etc, etc - is "unbottling itself, as I mentioned in the last post in this series.

This is not being helped by the stresses and strains of the current transgenocide, the high levels of racism from parts of the “no” campaign against the Voice, and some family health issues - including me coming to terms with this. 

The drain of this has led to some minor illness of mine, much as the ending of higher adrenaline levels for holidays seems to lead to a minor cold, and a drain of energy that has made exercise in particular more difficult to continue, but also meditating is a challenge. 

Continuing to write - which I love - on my blogs and elsewhere is, I am finding, helping with coping, especially maintaining a better frame of mind and some energy.


Blessed be.


I am writing this series in the hope that it will contribute to a better understanding - or at least better research into the effects of - the so-called developed world’s economic systems - which are based on the world-destroying amathia of perpetual growth, and patriarchal oligarchical capitalism expressed as often expressed corporatism and neoliberalism.

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram and Mastodon

Vote Yes for the Voice in Australia - see this backgrounder.  

Finally, remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, and to mind our Mӕgan.