Sunday 29 October 2023

Post No. 2,625 - Recovering from a corporate life - Episode 19: the importance of time

PS - expect these to be edited fairly often. Writing these is part of the healing process, and will bring up more insights,etc.

A lot of recovery advice is do this, dont that, do the other, etc 

My experience is that the main thing is to take things easy - or easier than normal, do pleasant things - such as bushwalks or meditation (which, as I do it, is pleasant for me), reading, etc, but, above all else, give yourself - body, mind, and soul - the time needed to reset themselves

Ive done that over the last couple of months, and now am feeling comfortable about doing the more energetic things such as exercise, getting back up to speed with housework & gardening, etc ... and staring to resume my creative (especially writing) and activism activities. 

After I wrote that, I came across the following YouTube video, which is an interesting approach that I will use from now on (and is likely useful to everyone, in my opinion, not only those with ADHD)


Postscript

Having started to get the work trauma out of the way, there is still the trauma of a lifetime of abuse and undiagnosed health conditions, and I am now in a situation to start thinking about life purpose - as in, a reason for me to exist for myself, not as a conduit to support others. I have one ongoing purpose (the work that this blog is founded on), and can resume training for two interests (DEI, and politics) ... except I still don't have enough energy to do all those - and that is not helped by the far right extremists' attacks over anyone who is even the slightest bit different to them. 

So ... time for more reflection. 

PPS 

Those other traumas are hitting home quite sharply, now - as the poems on my creativity blog will attest. I've also come across one video which suggests recovery from autistic burn out can take years ... (six years in this case - which I can relate to, and suspect I am just starting ... and there is also this, which I suspected might have been fibromyalgia [family history]) In the meantime, I am aiming to simplify and de-stress my life as much as is feasible.


Blessed be.


I am writing this series in the hope that it will contribute to a better understanding - or at least better research into the effects of - the so-called developed world’s economic systems - which are based on the world-destroying amathia of perpetual growth, and patriarchal oligarchical capitalism expressed as often expressed corporatism and neoliberalism.

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram

Remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, to mind our Mӕgan, and to acknowledge that all misgendering is an act of active transphobia/transmisia that puts trans+ lives at risk.