Saturday 23 December 2023

Post No. 2,668 - Recovering from a corporate life - Episode 23: continuing recovery

For anyone distressed by anything in this post, or for any other reason considering seeking support, resources are available in Australia here, here, and here. In other nations, you will have to do an Internet search using terms such as mental health support - <your nation>(which, for instance, may lead to this, this, and this, in the USA, or this, this, and this, in France [biased towards English-language - my apologies]), or perhaps try https://www.befrienders.org/.  

Posts in this series are now listed at https://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/p/recovering-from-corporate-life.html

PS - expect these to be edited fairly often. Writing these is part of the healing process, and will bring up more insights,etc.

Well, I have got more to report, it seems - this time on my physical recovery.

After four months, probably the most noticeable physical recovery aspects are that I am drinking far less coffee, eating more healthily (although I have for quite a few years now, refused to eat unless I am hungry), and sleeping better. 

Coffee has never affected my sleep - I can drink coffee and then go to sleep, which is either part of my forms of neurodivergence, or a specific gene a friend of mine with a genetics degree has told me about that enables some people to be unaffected by caffeine but at the risk of cancer from eating overcooked meat. So the reduced coffee intake is not the cause - particularly as I continue to often have a coffee before going to sleep.

On sleep, I also am still reacting against a lifetime of now inapplicable (yay!) rules about having adequate sleep so I can continue to be a good little economic cog the next day. 

And my sleep is now biphasic (see article this weeks coming interesting reading post).

Those close to me have commented that my personality is now more what it used to be, which is a reflection of the effect of stress that comes with senior positions, and I am starting to think living longer might be OK (although I don't have enough finances for that), whereas up till now I expected to only have a few more years of life left. My heath conditions will influence that: Im dealing with those as I can. Im still not exercising as much as I want or should, although I am getting closer to doing what I want to. 

I am not going out for walks as much, but that is partly because of our worlds now endemic and violent transphobia.

When I do go out (e.g., shopping), I do not wear anything for noise reduction, mostly because I have been assaulted in the past by bigots and drunks, but also, I have realised, in reaction to the mediaeval approach to surveillance of too many managers and team leaders. 

Well, that is it for now, at around four months after retirement. 

I continue to pursue my writing and study, by the way.


Blessed be.


I am writing this series in the hope that it will contribute to a better understanding - or at least better research into the effects of - the so-called developed world’s economic systems - which are based on the world-destroying amathia of perpetual growth, and patriarchal oligarchical capitalism expressed as often expressed corporatism and neoliberalism.

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram

Remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, to mind our Mӕgan, and to acknowledge that all misgendering is an act of active transphobia/transmisia that puts trans+ lives at risk.