Thursday 3 August 2023

Post No. 2,526 - Recovering from a corporate life - Episode 9: setback and recovery

Posts in this series are now listed at https://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/p/recovering-from-corporate-life.html

PS - expect these to be edited fairly often. Writing these is part of the healing process, and will bring up more insights,etc.

I recently had a major setback when it appeared payout of the first portion of my super was going to be critically delayed - to the extent of possibly forcing me to suspend my retirement. 

Within hours I had returned to the near comatose level of functioning that I had months ago - I lacked energy, motivation, hope ... I stopped exercising, meditating, doing my personal housework (in my room), eating properly ... and I wrote a poem I decided to remove from my creativity blog as it was too dark. 

Then my super company confirmed the payout was coming ... and it arrived - and within minutes I was back to being motivated, doing exercise, meditation, housework, having a positive view of my remaining work, and having hope for a post-corporate life retirement. 

That tells me several things: 

  • That I could regress so quickly shows how far I have to go on the healing & recovery journey; 
  • That I regressed so severely shows how destructive the corporate work environment is for me; 
  • That I recovered so quickly gives me hope for being able to actually recover reasonably well; and 
  • The initial advice from my super company was actually correct.

I am looking forward to exercising soon after posting this. 

PS - on a personal note, after years of tying my hair back, partly because of the biases on what constitutes “profession appearance”, I have become comfortable letting my hair be free. The psychological symbolism of that is fairly obvious, and the personal impact is major.

Blessed be.


I am writing this series in the hope that it will contribute to a better understanding - or at least better research into the effects of - the so-called developed world’s economic systems - which are based on the world-destroying amathia of perpetual growth, and patriarchal oligarchical capitalism expressed as often expressed corporatism and neoliberalism.

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below. 

Vote Yes for the Voice in Australia.  

Finally, remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, and to mind our Mӕgan.