Monday 14 August 2023

Post No. 2,546 - weaving energy [Content Warning: mention of a streaming series with an MA15+ rating]

PS - I am now formally listing the posts in my “colours and chakras” project at   “On line “courses” (on this blog) and practice exercises”   https://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/p/on-line-courses-on-this-blog.html   (and these and other posts which touch on the topic under the label   https://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/search/label/chakras%20and%20colours%20project )  

In this weeks reading post I will be mentioning the streaming series The Wheel of Time, which is based on the book series of the same name. From the current version of that post: 

I am quite liking it - so far. Its nice to see magic based on weaving light (something that fits in with my current  colour  work) aka energy, with only minimal use of objects (and rituals)

It isnt suitable for all viewers - the official site gives it an MA15+ rating (there is violence, including graphic portrayals - and I still haven't watched all of it yet)

However, in terms of this post, the aspect of weaving energies has caught my attention. Normally, I blend energies a bit like making a soup: mix all the ingredients together and come up with a resultant mix - or mixing colours during painting may be another analogy. The notion of weaving suggests something more akin to a musical chord, where each note (energy) retains its own unique character, but they all work together to contribute to something which is greater than the sum of its parts. 

I have taken advantage of a long term meditation project that I have underway, where I focus on working with one colour at a time in each chakra (using my 13 chakra system and 9 colours). Ive done some trial weaves, and the product is very strong and effective, but it is a fairly narrow focus (like having a thin brush rather than a spray can of paint), so I havent worked out the best way to use this as yet. 

However, it is definitely worth exploring further. 

In months to come, I was planning on writing on the meditation project anyway (it will take a while to explore each chakra-colour combination to the depth I want), but I will also write on the weaving project as well. 

PS - Ive realised I can use the braid of energies to form (by winding them into the shape of) a shield - or gong may be a better word (or - sigh - elephants ears), then vibrate it or use it along similar lines to the ... sigh ... elephant ears as described at the end of this post.


Possible flaws 

Where I can, I will try to highlight possible flaws / issues you should consider:

  • there may be flawed logical arguments in the above: to find out more about such flaws and thinking generally, I recommend Brendan  Myers’ free online course “Clear and Present Thinking” 
  • I could be wrong - so keep your thinking caps on, and make up your own minds for yourself.

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below. 

Vote Yes for the Voice in Australia.  

Finally, remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, and to mind our Mӕgan.