Tuesday 29 August 2023

Post No. 2,568 - Rewards

Having outlasted evil and lesser abuses long enough to be able to retire from my day job with the respect of my colleagues (which means any criticisms I make of that profession will not be dismissed as coming from a failure”, or “a weakling” - which reflects the savagery of some people in that profession ... especially the “old school” social dinosaurs who need to die out [of natural causes - old age), Ive had a personal reward: identification of details from two more of my lives. 

I can add these to having been recognised at a glider school in the 1980s by a former colleague (still living) from my night fighter incarnation in World War (part) Two and one other life about which I have identifiable information.

I wont go into anything further than saying one is tracking down who I was at the Battle of Gettysburg (I was a Union soldier with character flaws - but an abolitionist ... and my biases then explain why I was reincarnated into subsequent nations [which explains why I have often commented to people that thinking about where your dislikes could take you in your next life is more important than looking to the past for an "explanation" [in truth, seeking a justification] of current biases) and which submarine I was on in the near-World War One era that sank - leaving my then- and now current partner on her own (an ex- of mine was on one of the planes I shot down as a night fighter), and me with claustrophobia until I went back to that life. 

None of these lives are famous, by the way (other than locally in one of the lives), so youre not missing out on any “juicy” reincarnational gossip by not knowing :)


Here are a few other posts that may help with thinking on this, in addition to the inline links above: 

Also, on the massively harmful consequences of having got through so many decades of engineering, see: 

I had quite a few technical achievements in my day job, but the amount of abuse and damage has left me with no pleasure in any of that - in fact, I experience a powerful revulsion - or anger - at even thinking of that job, because of what I went through.


If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram and Mastodon

Vote Yes for the Voice in Australia - see this backgrounder.  

Finally, remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, and to mind our Mӕgan.