Sunday 20 August 2023

Post No. 2,560 - Recovering from a corporate life - Episode 10: more confirmation of need to retire

Posts in this series are now listed at https://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/p/recovering-from-corporate-life.html

PS - expect these to be edited fairly often. Writing these is part of the healing process, and will bring up more insights,etc.

This is just a short follow to the previous post in this series to confirm that having to push myself to finish the last bit of work I have to - which is completing a course that superficially people would think I would enjoy - is causing me to regress to the state I was in while working full time ... but not entirely.

My hours have been reduced to what I can cope with - and I am extremely aware of my privilege in being able to do that because of a lifetime of super, but even the thought of teaching this stuff yet again causes an instant and massive sense of revulsion in me. 

When I can overcome that and actually work on the course, I do love the passing on of my knowledge - including making sure they know to do as I have done, which is take what others have done and then develop it further, but the decades of existing and fighting trolls in the corporate world have left considerable damage.

I have to leave ... about nine months ago ...

PS - one of the issues I am working to overcome is that over four decades of deadlines means I rush eating and having cuppas ... Now that I have noticed it, I am working to overcome that, but, as with all well established habits, it will require persistence and directed effort - and I have been fortunate to have been following Zen Habits for some time, which will be of help.


Blessed be.


I am writing this series in the hope that it will contribute to a better understanding - or at least better research into the effects of - the so-called developed world’s economic systems - which are based on the world-destroying amathia of perpetual growth, and patriarchal oligarchical capitalism expressed as often expressed corporatism and neoliberalism.

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram and Mastodon

Vote Yes for the Voice in Australia.  

Finally, remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, and to mind our Mӕgan.